Uploading website and speed issues on website

Jamesmarkk
1 0 0

Hello everyone. Have a nice and happy day, everyone.

I need your help. I'm having problems with loading speed and resources on my site https://www.t20wclive.com/

I'm using high-speed internet, web pages load slowly, and the same is true for categories. Images on the site also take a long time to load. I don't know why this is happening. I tried to reduce the load but to no avail. It does not affect the load time. If you have a better solution for it, please share.

I am waiting for your kind response. 🙂

Reply 1 (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @Jamesmarkk.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions for this. I took a look at your website and did notice some slight delays when accessing different areas of your shop. What theme are you using for your site, a Shopify theme or a third-party one? If you are using a third-party theme, your first step may be to reach out to your theme's developer to inquire if there is anything they can help you with, as they developed the theme. 

However, there are several factors that come into play that can impact store speed, some of which you can control. 
I recommended referencing our site speed guide here, it breaks down

factors that you can't control such as:

- Your customer's device, network, and location
- Shopify infrastructure 
- CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Local browser cache
- Server-side page cache

There are factors you can control, however, such as:

- Apps: Apps can change the functionality or appearance of your store, they add coding into your store so they can work. Sometimes additional coding can be removed or re-arranged to help with site speed functionality. However, if you are using a large abundance of applications with your shop, the easiest solution would be to delete any apps that are not essential. 

- Themes: Themes are made up of Liquid, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code. When you customize or edit a code with third-party coding, this may affect your site's performance. 

- Theme or App features: Certain Themes or Apps may enable certain features that can affect your store speed by loading extra data that your customers may not see. 

- Complex or Inefficient liquid code: Any customizations or manipulations to your code can potentially cause site speed issues. You can also edit almost all of the liquid that is used to render your store. There are efficient and inefficient ways of writing Liquid code. Doing complex operations repeatedly can increase your Liquid render time, which impacts your overall store speed.

- Images and Videos: Oversized images and images that are hidden from view can interfere with loading other, more important parts of a page. If users have to wait for large images to load, they might perceive your store to be slow.

- Fonts: You can choose from several fonts for the text in your online store. However, if you use a font that does not yet exist on your customer's computer, then the font has to be downloaded before your text can be displayed. This impacts the time that your store takes to load.

Our guide will break down both the factors you can and can't control in greater detail if you want to reference this further. It will also provide you with some further troubleshooting tools to investigate your site's analytics and speed further. I would also recommend checking out this great article that talks further about improving site speed and troubleshooting a site that may be running slower than intended. 

I hope this information helps you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any further context or questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog