I am Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.
If you have verified your domain on Facebook, but Shopify's "Configure Pixel" options indicate that it is not verified yet, there are a few potential reasons for this discrepancy:
1. Time Delay It may take some time for the domain verification status to update between Facebook and Shopify. Wait for a while and refresh the Shopify "Configure Pixel" options to see if the verification status has been updated.
2. Different Pixel IDs Ensure that you have entered the correct Facebook Pixel ID in your Shopify settings. Sometimes, multiple Facebook Pixels might be associated with different accounts or pages, so double-check that you are using the correct Pixel ID.
3. Manual Configuration If the verification status does not update automatically, you can try manually configuring the Facebook Pixel on your Shopify store. Copy the Pixel code provided by Facebook and paste it into the appropriate section of your Shopify settings.
4. Clear Cache Clear your browser cache and cookies, then refresh the "Configure Pixel" page in your Shopify admin. Sometimes, cached data can prevent the updated verification status from being displayed.
5. Facebook Business Manager Ensure that your Facebook Pixel and domain verification are correctly set up within the Facebook Business Manager. Verify that the domain associated with your Shopify store is listed and properly verified in the Business Manager settings.
If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to Shopify's support team or Facebook's support for further assistance.