Website Title and Meta Desciption Help (showing incorrectly in Goggle search)

Solved
cryptobitcoins
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone can help as my website title and meta description are showing incorrectly in a google search. I realize that anything SEO is a tricky thing, especially with google, but I've gone through all the steps recommended with other solutions provided within the forums, but I still can't get it.

I have checked my page title and meta description here: https://totheweb.com/learning_center/tool-test-google-title-meta-description-lengths/, to ensure that it falls within the proper length/pixel size and also used similar verbiage as another similar type commerce site that does show properly on a google search, but still the same.

I have also resubmitted my sitemap to Google (GSC) and requested for a queued crawl in addition to a URL inspection.

My search results look like this:

cryptobitcoins_0-1616153780346.png

But should include this information:

cryptobitcoins_1-1616153833883.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
Niki_K
Shopify Partner
291 28 81

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @cryptobitcoins,

I've just checked your website and see in the code that your homepage title and meta description are the same as you stated in Shopify. So this is correct. 

So, there might be two reason why it shows differently in the SERP:

• It takes some time before Google starts delivering the desired meta description and title after you requested crawling.
  • Google sometimes overrules the title and meta description - If Google doesn't think the existing meta description and title adequately answers a user's query, Google chooses another piece of text on your website and uses this as the title and meta description. This is very tricky and unfortunately, you can't do anything with it. 

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit nikikozak.me

View solution in original post

cryptobitcoins
Tourist
5 1 0

Thanks @Niki_K ,

I've heard that Google crawling, even when specifically requested for a website, can take up to two weeks. I guess I need to wait a bit more time.

Should I attempt to alter the title and meta description any further or just leave it for now and see what happens?

cryptobitcoins

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Niki_K
Shopify Partner
291 28 81

Hi @cryptobitcoins,

I've just checked your website and see in the code that your homepage title and meta description are the same as you stated in Shopify. So this is correct. 

So, there might be two reason why it shows differently in the SERP:

• It takes some time before Google starts delivering the desired meta description and title after you requested crawling.
  • Google sometimes overrules the title and meta description - If Google doesn't think the existing meta description and title adequately answers a user's query, Google chooses another piece of text on your website and uses this as the title and meta description. This is very tricky and unfortunately, you can't do anything with it. 

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit nikikozak.me
cryptobitcoins
Tourist
5 1 0

Thanks @Niki_K ,

I've heard that Google crawling, even when specifically requested for a website, can take up to two weeks. I guess I need to wait a bit more time.

Should I attempt to alter the title and meta description any further or just leave it for now and see what happens?

cryptobitcoins

cryptobitcoins
Tourist
5 1 0

Update: (good news)

It looks as though Google has crawled the site again as the title and meta data is showing now. For some reason though it's now also showing my domain just before the title, but when I check the code it's not showing anywhere;

cryptobitcoins_0-1616173479283.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,