What is sag_organic?

Endlesslearning
1 0 0

@bsockloff I think you're right - it would yes, I've just done the below which I think should be more optimal (given that the bulk of the traffic will be paid clicks)Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Czarto
Shopify Partner
69 2 21

@endlessslearning

I think you would be better to just strip those parameters and leave them blank, and let Google Ads auto-tag your paid traffic, and let Google Analytics attribute the unpaid traffic.

Alex

Digital Marketing @ Manitobah Mukluks
Shopify Digital Marketing Blog: business.czarto.com
0 Likes
Puda
Tourist
10 1 2

Thanks guys!

@Czarto unless I am wrong, stripping out all the parameters would actually prevent Google from seeing them, no? I tested the changes on Merchant Center and nothing would be seen aside from the remaining parameters (including currency). I have tested @Endlesslearning solution and it seems to work for what I need to do. (Mostly see which ad is generating a sale via Shopify + Google Analytics) I am personally using "Content API.title" 

0 Likes
Czarto
Shopify Partner
69 2 21

@Puda Google Analytics can usually properly categorize stuff without the need of explicit UTM tags, in particular for "search" traffic. Any Shopping traffic coming from Google Ads (paid) will be properly categorized due to GCID being passed (UNLESS your GA account is set to allow UTM tags to override GCID parameters). Any untagged organic Shopping traffic will be categorized in whatever way GA decides (I **assume** as organic search, but I'm not sure).

I don't think there's a single "right" way to do this, so if you're implementation works for you, then that's probably good enough!

Alex

Digital Marketing @ Manitobah Mukluks
Shopify Digital Marketing Blog: business.czarto.com
0 Likes
karife
3 0 0

Hi

The same happens to me.

I mean I got a purchase from Sag_organic, and I wonder if it is the result of any of my google campaigns or not? 

I am only running google campaigns at the moment

Thanks

0 Likes
sampymishra
Shopify Partner
100 3 13

Hi @Best4Bulldogs 

The products in sag_organic represent Surfaces Across Google. These boundaries are Shopify's method of encouraging you to track the natural free traffic coming from Google Shopping.

You can look at the app we have developed, the Easy Google Shopping Feed app by AdNabu for Shopify. You can bulk edit all the fields and the changes will be pushed to the Google Merchant Center within a couple of minutes.

Some of the other features of our app include: 

• The product-specific score for every product & recommendations to increase the score &, most likely, your performance in Google Shopping
  • Metafield mapping to customize every single attribute of Google Shopping Feed
  • Faster update of Google Shopping Feed with unlimited manual syncing
  • Supports Multi-language and Multi-currency feed
  • Many more features which can save your time and effort.

You can also get in touch with our experts and request a demo. 

Hope this helps.

Sampy Mishra | Customer Success Manager @ AdNabu

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

- Try our Google Shopping Feed App from Shopify App Store. 

0 Likes