What is the best affiliate marketing program for a tight budget print on demand shop?

polodolo
7 0 0

I'm trying to learn how to set up Gooten and Printful together alongside trying to affiliate a Instagram influencer to promote my products and get commission if and only if there's sales.

What's the best app for that recommended by Shopify? One that is effective and simple?

Replies 5 (5)
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi @polodolo,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There is a wide range of affiliate marketing apps in the Shopify App Store which you can look into to see if they're a good fit. I personally like the Secomapp app, but it's definitely worth your time to look through all of them and see which ones you resonate with. Let's take a look at them below:

Hopefully, this helps and can do what you need. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

pauldrecksler
Shopify Partner
20 0 11

Hi @polodolo  - I responded to your other thread as well as it seems you're still looking for some help. I have an affiliate app comparison chart that should be helpful to you. And like I mentioned in my other reply, I also have a free questionnaire on that site if you need additional help deciding which app best suits your needs. I offer free short phone consultations to folks who fill out that questionnaire, so if you're still looking for help, feel free to take advantage of that. 

Join my Shopifreaks Newsletter: www.shopifreaks.com
Learn about affiliate marketing: www.shopaffiliateapps.com
Hire me to help with your store: www.ideasfocused.com

I wish you much success with your Shopify store!
virginuso
1 0 0

If I were you, I would use an affiliate program to promote your business. It employs people who know how to promote commercial products. They work with a dedicated platform. It seems to me that one of the most effective ways to promote is email deliverability services. My uncle has a business related to sports and sports equipment. When he first started working in this field, he did not know how to promote his product. After using the affiliate program, sales doubled. This was great news for our family. Instagram is a cool internet platform, but sometimes other promotion methods are better.

UpPromote
Shopify Partner
142 2 16

Hi @polodolo,

I think you are choosing a potential marketing solution for your business. Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which helps to grow your business faster and stably. This marketing campaign allows merchants to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. The affiliate commission is successfully recorded whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

In fact, you can easily to find affiliate marketing applications on Shopify App Store to support you. And UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing is one of them. UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing are friendly for newbies. With Quickstart guideline, and “Check your setup” feature, you can easily start to build your affiliate team with no barriers.

Here are the most needed affiliate marketing features for encouraging your store income:

1. Commission programs: diversity in programs — diversity in sales

To start building your affiliate campaign, you need to have a commission program. Simply put, a commission program is an agreement in which you pay affiliates, or influencers, a commission for any successful sales conversion they bring for you. Depending on your sales strategies and the primary goal of your affiliate marketing, you can construct a suitable commission structure. 

UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing allows three types of commission: flat rate per order, flat rate per item, and percent of sale. If you’re looking to grow brand awareness and recognition, pay per order or item could be the best methods. If you are a newbie and want to boost sales revenue, the typical pay per sale is always a safer option.

image (1).png

To push your team performance effectively, you can motivate affiliates to hit sales milestones by moving them to higher commission programs. That means the more they sell, the more they earn. In UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing, this feature named Auto-tier commission feature which will be applied when you want to reward excellent affiliates and motivate the "middle-tier" to improve your productivity.

2. Multi-level marketing: increase your reputation and income through affiliate's network

If you are using affiliate marketing for your Shopify business, guessing that you've at least heard of Multi-level marketing once. Multi-level marketing (MLM) allows each affiliate to invite and recruit others into your network. Whenever a downline affiliate successfully brings an order, the upline one gets their extra reward. 

MLM diagram (4).png

To easily understand, you can imagine that John is your affiliate and he invites his friend - Michelle to join your ambassador program. As long as Michelle makes any successful orders, Michelle will get a commission from those orders, and John also gets commission because he is upline of Michelle. John understands that the more products Bill can be able to sell, the more money John will get. Obviously, this feature not only motivates John to grow your affiliate network but also inspires him to push Michelle to work harder for bringing benefits for both.

In addition, MLM works as a network marketing where each affiliate invites another to be their downline level. For instance, Michelle can invite Victor, Victor can invite David. The more participants get invited, the more your products could be promoted in different advertisement sources. Thus, your reputation will be expanded so far, as well as be approached by customers from different markets. 

You can use UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing to supports you to apply this MLM strategy with unlimited distributors. Your products can be delivered effectively to your customers without extra costs for building a customer service team or advertising strategy. 

4. Measure and track your affiliate campaign: the most important feature to manage your sales performance

Track and measure affiliate performance are the most important steps to estimate the result of affiliate campaigns and then providing improved solutions. The potential method to evaluate the productivity of your affiliates is to use quantitative metrics. 

image (3).png

For example, to track your referral orders, a report will contain essential information such as order ID, total sales, affiliate name, commission, order details... Thanks to that, you can check who affiliates work better or who needs to improve. Furthermore, you can click on the order ID to view that order information on your Shopify Admin to make sure those orders are qualified before paying commission for affiliates.

image (3) (1).pngimage (4) (1).png

Another graph reports the performance of your affiliates. You can see your affiliate's performances in different programs as well as different time ranges. 

5. Chat with your affiliate within the app: communication is the key to success

To run a successful promotion strategy through affiliate programs, you need to help your affiliates understand your brand, as well as your products. For this reason, you have to be friendly and honest, and build a strong relationship between the affiliate and you. 

You can chat with your affiliates through UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing by in-app chat feature. By one-clicking, a pop-up window will be shown up with a list of affiliates. You can search for the affiliate name, and then type the message you want to send. This way helps to save time when you have your existing affiliate lists in the app and don’t need to use other outside apps to chat. 

UpPromote_0-1625646980503.png

In fact, this feature is used as a “glue” to connect you and your team. You can provide relevant information or useful creatives to support your affiliates to increase your sales. Furthermore, you can give them some advice and feedback about their performance regularly. In this way, your team will be guided with suitable tips and solutions from you. Also, when you know how their productivity is going, you can figure out a way in time to improve their performance.

I hope my recommendation is useful for you! Good luck with you business!

All the bests,

UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing

EddyChung
Shopify Partner
63 1 25

Hi @polodolo 

My app has a starter plan perfect for merchants just getting started. There is no upfront cost and it's free to install. 

You only pay when an affiliate makes a sale. The pricing is designed to grow with you! 

We love helping small stores become bigger ones 🙂

Check it out here