Google requires merchants to provide a GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) for their products in order to list them on their channel. GTINs are unique product identifiers and allows Google to match your products to similar ones listed on Google Shopping. If your product doesn't have a GTIN, you need to add an MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) and brand information to the product's listing instead.
The GTIN should appear as a number listed below the product's barcode. If different variants of a product have a different number below the barcode, then you'll use the respective barcode for each variant. If you manufacture your products yourself and don't yet have a GTIN for them then you can apply for some via the GS1 barcodes website.
If your products don't have barcodes, do not submit GTIN, MPN or Brand values and set identifier exists to no.
If the results in GMC don't reflect the above, then you need to use feed rules to change the data correctly. Here is a guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvilyMb2Bo
GTINs are unique product identifiers that allow Google to identify your product. If you do not have a barcode or GTIN, do not add anything, and you will get a warning from google, but that should be fine.
2. If you do not have a GTIN, MPN, or brand, leave the fields empty and set the identifier to 'no.' You can do this automatically using our app. Google will not give you any errors.
3. GTINs are universal numbers; generally, they are 8, 12, 13, or 14-digit numbers. Please share your store URL so I can look for an example of the GTIN you should use for your products. You can also check it out here.
Hope this helps.
Sampy Mishra | Customer Success Manager @ AdNabu
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Try our Google Shopping Feed App from Shopify App Store.
Explore the 30-30-30 rule, a dynamic social media strategy for new businesses. Learn how t...By Trevor Sep 20, 2023
Discover how to leverage the often overlooked footer of your ecommerce site to gain custom...By Skye Sep 15, 2023