SEO, AdWords, affiliates, advertising, and promotions
So I have this issue with the content api / google merchant center on products with variants: Google disapproves the variants for wrong pricing. The thing is that I checked the products. The price in the data is actually being reflected when I use the landing-page link that I also followed from the feed itself.
For some reason google seems to be using the default variant for checking the pricing. Which is odd to me because the feed itself includes the correct landing-page link in merchant-center.
What could be the issue here?
This is caused by your structured data, copy the landing page URL and test it using: https://search.google.com/test/rich-results
Here in the product details, in the first itemoffer, make sure the price matches the price in the data feed. And the SKU value matches the ID value in the data feed.
If you know your way around editing your themes, you can update this for free on this tutorial: https://feedarmy.com/kb/shopify-microdata-for-google-shopping/
Make sure to enable automatic updates for the price and availability in your Google merchant center settings.
Thank you, that was helpful to get some insights into what google actually uses in the end.
Still, the problem stays the same I cannot figure out the reasoning.
As you can see in the example, I was crawling for the second variant (the SKU matches) and the price is reflected with 18.90 €. Strangely the product-variant (and all others except the first variant) are getting disapproved in the merchant center because google still seems to use the pricing of the first variant (17.90 €) when checking for the parameters on crawling.
Any clue on what could be done?
Yes that is correct. The structured data you have is incorrect.
If a specific variant is selected, that specific info, must be the first in the item offer list, which is not the case.
If you want to resolve this, either fix your structure data to do what I suggest or remove the coding and install my code, which is 100% compliant.
Ah, got you! Okay, thank you very much. I'll try my best and if I am overwhelmed I might get back to you if that is okay.
Right now I've checked the schema and it's showing errors (optional) so nothing to worry about. just wait till google reflect the changes in SERPs.
Alright. So for me the issue was that my merchant account was on standard. After I set it to manual control and enabled auto-updates it seemed to catch the data live and the products went to available. Not quiet sure why that was an issue to begin with cause they way the data is crawled should not really change based on that setting other than getting live data every now and then. But oh well. I'll take it.
Thanks, guys. Really helpful.
We're excited to announce improvements to the threaded messaging experience in our communi...By TyW May 31, 2023
Thank you to everyone who participated in our AMA with Klaviyo. It was great to see so man...By Jacqui May 30, 2023
Photo by Marco Verch Sales channels on Shopify are various platforms where you can sell...By Ollie May 25, 2023