Generated app does not work

Generated app does not work

pschaeffer
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

I followed the standard Shopify instruction given at ‘https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/getting-started/create’ to create an app. I used the command ‘npm init @Shopify/app@latest’ (as specified by Shopify). Of course, I entered other commands as well. The app (the source code) was created on my machine. I can provide a tar file of the app, if that would be helpful.

The shopify.app.toml file is rather small. This is a standard symptom of the problem. I doubt that the tiny toml file is the actual problem, but it is a good symptom.

The app does not work (and can not be installed).

I am not sure where this problem/question belongs, perhaps not in this category.

Thank you

Peter Schaeffer

Replies 2 (2)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2873 312 820

Hi Peter,

Can you post the contents of the shopify.app.toml file without any private data? Also are you seeing any errors when your generating the app with the CLI?

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

pschaeffer
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

The toml files are attached. You will have to take csv off the file names. I added csv to the file names because Shopify forced me to. I ran the standard command for creating a Shopify application on 2/14/2024 and it worked (no errors). However, it produced a small toml file. So the default application can work with a small toml file. I don't know what is wrong (obviously).