Solved

How I can commit this code on my own bit-bucket repo

dee29
Shopify Partner
6 0 1
Hi There,

We have created a checkout extension in our exiting app. By using npm run deploy  it deploy my code from local to server and after create new version, i can see my changes on server checkout in frontend. So my question is 
1. How we can get the access of that extension code which is on shopify server. I want to setup this extension on my another computer locally (I have already setup in my 1 computer and i want to setup in another computer), so how i can get the pull of that app code on another system.

2. How I can commit this code on my own bit-bucket repo?

Please help me on my above queries.
Accepted Solution (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 297 768

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there Dee29,

Great to hear you're adding checkout extensibility features to your existing app! To set up the extension on another computer, you would generally follow the same process you used to set up the extension on your first computer.

This means cloning your source code from a repository (in your case BitBucket) to the new computer. However, keep in mind that the checkout extension code is not stored on Shopify servers in a manner that you can "pull" it back to your local machine. When you run `npm run deploy`, the extension code is compiled and deployed as a build artifact on Shopify's CDN, but the source code is not accessible from there.

That means, to set this up on a new machine, you'd need access to the original source code (stored in a version control system like Git) which you'd then clone to your second machine. Once cloned, you can set up the environment (installing node modules, setting up environment variables, etc.) to start developing.

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Shopify Partner
282 8 39

@dee29   you are using the shiopify CLI 3.X 

you just need to clone the repo from bit bucket.

`npm run shopify auth logout`

do this command then do the 

`npm run shopify auth `

this will connect with your shopify partner. 

`npm run shopify app env show
`

For a git you dot't need to do the any.

you can use the same git add & push. and do the git version every deployed.

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 297 768

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there Dee29,

Great to hear you're adding checkout extensibility features to your existing app! To set up the extension on another computer, you would generally follow the same process you used to set up the extension on your first computer.

This means cloning your source code from a repository (in your case BitBucket) to the new computer. However, keep in mind that the checkout extension code is not stored on Shopify servers in a manner that you can "pull" it back to your local machine. When you run `npm run deploy`, the extension code is compiled and deployed as a build artifact on Shopify's CDN, but the source code is not accessible from there.

That means, to set this up on a new machine, you'd need access to the original source code (stored in a version control system like Git) which you'd then clone to your second machine. Once cloned, you can set up the environment (installing node modules, setting up environment variables, etc.) to start developing.

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

dee29
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hi Liam 
Can you please explain how can i setup shopify app with extension on my server ?
Because i'm trying to setup on my server with npm init @Shopify/app@latest command line