How to query the database through the post purchase extension

How to query the database through the post purchase extension

crismdi
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I'm creating a post-purchase extension and I would like to know if it is possible to make calls to my database from the app that will be hosted on my server?
Or if I can only make calls to the shopify api?

Using this example from the documentation, instead of "APP_URL" it would be the address of my application

/ Faça uma solicitação ao servidor do seu aplicativo para assinar o conjunto de alterações com a chave secreta da API do seu aplicativo.  token const = aguardar busca(`${APP_URL}/api/sign-changeset`, {    método: "POSTAR",    cabeçalhos: {      Autorização: `Bearer ${inputData.token}`,      "Tipo de conteúdo": "aplicativo/json",    },    corpo: JSON.stringify({      ID de referência: inputData.initialPurchase.referenceId,      alterações: compraOption.id,    }),  })    .then((resposta) => resposta.json())    .then((resposta) => resposta.token)    .catch((e) => console.log(e));

Reply 1 (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2823 310 805

Hi Crismdi,

You should be able to make calls to your own database from the post-purchase extension. The extension code that runs on the client-side browser can interact with your server. This server can then perform operations like reading from or writing to your database. 

Hope this helps,

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog