Solved

Change option selection to drop down menu

fangsb
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi guys,

Currently my option selection on product page such as 'Color" or 'Material' is in button format which looks ugly. 

How do I change it to drop down menu instead?

Thank you.  

Accepted Solutions (3)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @fangsb!

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question.

Changing the variant selector is dependant on the theme that you are using on your store. What theme are you using?

Brooklyn is currently the only theme made by Shopify that has a variant picker built-in. Let me show you where it generally lives in the Theme Editor for themes that have the option to change it.

From your Shopify admin, please access go to ‘Online Store > Themes > Customize’. Navigate to a product page and click on Product Page on the left hand side. Within here is where all of your built-in customization options are for the product page. 

The variant picker looks like this in the Brooklyn theme:

09-54-6l7p6-jw8zn

If you are using a third party theme and unable to find where to change it, please reach out to the developer directly for assistance. Hope this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @cocorostudios

Thanks for reaching out. You’re almost there!

The screenshot you have shared above shows that you are in the Theme Editor on the ‘Homepage’. To navigate to a product page, so that you can customize that page, please choose ‘Product pages’, from the dropdown menu at the top of the editor as seen here:

27-20-ikjut-5extd

Once you are on the product page, there are sections that now apply to this template on the left hand side. It looks like this:

27-21-ichz8-luxqn

Clicking on ‘Product pages’ will expand to show all of the customization options for this section, including the option to change your variant drop down menu style.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Welcome to the Community, @royknaggs! I certainly would like to help you with this, however at this time we’re not able to provide the account-specific support required to facilitate this request via the Shopify Community. But, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time so that the Support Advisor you speak with can help you as quickly as possible, please share this summary of your request at the beginning of your conversation:

"I am using the Brooklyn theme. I would like to submit a design request to the Theme department to 
customize the variant picker in the Featured Product section of my homepage. Currently, variants are
shown as buttons there, however I’d like them to display in a dropdown instead."

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Replies 44 (44)