Solved

how to add custom background image for one specific page in debut theme

waves
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello, 

I've been looking at so many different threads and youtube videos on how to add my own image and use it as a background image but nothing seems to work. I've tried adding different html codes into my theme.css which at one it worked. However I only want it on one specific page instead of it showing on each navigation page. Can anyone help me with this? What HTML code do I add and where so the back ground images shows up on only one page? I would also really appreciate it if you could help provide one code so that image repeats and another to void it from repeating

Please help!

Accepted Solution (1)

Hardik29418
Shopify Partner
2913 419 1081

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,@waves 
Welcome to the Shopify Community.

Please go to Online Store -> Pages -> the page in which you want to add background image -> Click on Edit website SEO -> Go to URL and handle and copy the last word of the handle.
e4e27e24-065f-47b3-a725-1aef1beba131.png

Please go to Online Store -> Themes -> Edit code -> Assets -> Upload your Image here. Copy the image name with extension.

Please go to Online Store -> Themes -> Edit code -> Layout -> theme.liquid and paste below code between <head></head>

{% if request.path contains 'page-handle' %}
<style>
body {
background-image: url({{ 'image-name-with-extension' | asset_img_url: 'original' }});
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size: cover;
}
</style>
{% endif %}

- Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp or EMAIL ME!

- Your Coffee Tip would do Magic code ❤️
- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Email

View solution in original post

Replies 25 (25)