Solved

Payout bank account - Change of details

adamct
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

I need to change the bank details of my payout bank account, but I don't have my old account number and sort code. The old account was web based and has been deleted due to lack of use while I was building my Shopify store. I have no way of finding out the old details that are normally required to update the account number and sort.

Could a Shopify rep please assist? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @adamct

Thanks for your post! I can certainly help you out. Can you double check the following to see if you can access the information you need?  

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If you're unable to retrieve these details, please check your email as I have sent you a message with the next steps to take. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hello! 

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for reaching out. 

We'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue.

While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 103 (103)
Asad48942
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello @Ren , I am also facing the same problem i.e. don't have access to my old account by any of the means you provided above. 

Could I get any assistance?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Asad48942 Sorry you've run into some trouble with this.

You'll need to get in touch with one of our Support Advisors as we cannot securely provide account-specific support through the forums. A Support Advisor will be able to securely access your information and assist you further.

You can get in touch through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit
 https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with!

Therapeuticbath
6 0 0

Hi  when setting up my Shopify store,i set up my account number and routing and the bank account is closed and I reached out to the bank and receivered the statement with the correct old information and it will not let me update my bank account

I am now receiving and error: 

To change your bank account, make the following changes:

• Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

The problem is, I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made.

H_L_Walsh
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue. I have the old routing but the account has been closed since 2018 and all statements are online but I cant access then as I no longer have access to that bank. Help Please  Thank you