Solved

Payout bank account - Change of details

adamct
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

I need to change the bank details of my payout bank account, but I don't have my old account number and sort code. The old account was web based and has been deleted due to lack of use while I was building my Shopify store. I have no way of finding out the old details that are normally required to update the account number and sort.

Could a Shopify rep please assist? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @adamct

Thanks for your post! I can certainly help you out. Can you double check the following to see if you can access the information you need?  

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If you're unable to retrieve these details, please check your email as I have sent you a message with the next steps to take. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello! 

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for reaching out. 

We'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue.

While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 103 (103)
VickRom
9 0 0

Ren,

I am still waiting to hear from you or Sophia, or the long list of "helpers' that have nor helped solve my problem.

Andy

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @VickRom

Thanks for your post. I checked into your correspondence with Sophia, and she began the process for you back in October. She requires you to respond directly to her emails (as mentioned in her response to you)for the sake of authentication and to verify your ownership of the account. Additionally, any further assistance needs to be done via email to protect your personal information. 

In order to move forward, please respond to Sophia's email from the email address listed as the account owner and we can continue to provide you secure assistance from there. Thank you.

GemelliRogue
Visitor
3 0 0

I am the CEO of Gemelli Rogue, I have heard nothing of this and have clear ways of contact.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @GemelliRogue

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, I am sorry to hear you're still waiting to hear back regarding this. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email requesting some additional details. Once I have been able to verify the ownership of the account I can continue to assist you securely via email. 

Christineenvall
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Team, 

I have entered our old account number multiple times to add in the new one but for some odd reasons its giving me a message stating that it doesnt match. 

Can someone please assist me in figuring out the solution to change my bank details?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hey @Christineenvall

Ren here from the Shopify support team, thanks for reaching out! 

Just to confirm, have you gone through the list to see if you are able to retrieve the bank number required to proceed? 

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

Please give that a shot and if you're unable to find the number in order to make your bank account changes, get back to me here and I can assist further. 

Mjlopez
Tourist
4 0 1

Same issue.  Went thru your checklist.  PLEASE sent email so we can resolve and get paid.

THANK YOU!

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Mjlopez

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, I will certainly do my best to help you out. At your convenience, please check for a secure email from me asking for some additional information. Once the ownership of your store has been verified I can continue to support you via email. 

Meserwaa
Visitor
1 0 0
Hello,
I have a problem updating my payout information. I think I made a mistake with the account information I entered.. so now I don’t know exactly what I entered in order for me to enter the right details. Thanks for the help in advance
cyane-skin-care
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi so I am also have a similar problem and have been trying to get into contact with one of you for a while now. My account isn't paying out. I can't change the banking info because I entered it wrong when i made the account. therefore i dont have the old banking number because there is no way to know what I put in before. 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hey @ProudPapa and @cyane-skin-care

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I have gone ahead and sent you each secure emails with some instructions. Please respond as requested whenever you get a chance and our team can escalate your request for you. 

symphonyfari
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi i have the same issue. I lost my old card and got a replacement but the payout still has the old card on file and i have no way of changing it to get my money and i need it as soon as possible. Please assist me with a quick response and an answer to my problem. Thanks

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @symphonyfari

Thanks for reaching out. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please respond when you have a chance and we can move forward from there.

MartinaD
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Ren 

Same thing I think I added the wrong account so now I cannot change it. can you please send me the email with the steps how to change the bank details. Thanks in Advance

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi MartinaD, for this issue we'll need to access your account in order to assist you.

While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

SFD
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem as everyone else.I don’t have access to old account, didn’t use checks, don’t have my statements (they were all online with the bank), and have contacted bank but no one can help me any longer. Please help.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @SFD

Sorry you've run into some trouble with this! We can certainly take a look into the account for you, though it would require getting in touch with one of our Support Advisors as we cannot provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community. A Support Advisor will be able to securely access your information and assist you further.

You can get in touch through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit
 https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. Fingers crossed for a fast resolution! 

syahsamone
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm using the correct old routing number old and account number, yet I still can't deposit the nor try a new bank account. i need help 

syahsamone
Visitor
2 0 0

I’m also struggling with the same problem, is there anyway you can reset my bank information so I can add new information and Receive my payouts 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @syahsamone

Thanks for letting me know. I have gone ahead and reached out with a secure email to gather some more details. Please respond when you have a chance and we can move forward from there. 

AlyssaKim
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I’m having the same issue. It says that my first payout failed due to incorrect bank information. When I try to update the info it says that the old banking details don’t match the ones on file. Which honestly I feel like I made a typo on accident when I initially set up the payout thing 😞 Please help 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @AlyssaKim 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please be sure to reply as directed and we can proceed from there with an escalation to our accounts team to help you out!

Pearlcobblah1
Visitor
1 0 0

I as well need help with the same exact problem

cashapp now has routing and account numbers and thats what I used but now I have an actual bank account I want to use but I don’t know my old routing numbers because cashapp isn’t an actual bank I can call so please help I need to have this figured out by Monday,August 24,2020 please help

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Pearlcobblah1

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have sent you a secure email with further instruction. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there! 

joshpanacea
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there Ren,

Im unable to retrieve the listed details & would appreciate further assistance 🙂

Regards, Josh

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @joshpanacea

Ren here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help out here. 

I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instruction. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there! Thank you. 

quaylamae21
Visitor
3 0 0

I’m having the same problem I don’t remember my name information . May you please email me. 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @quaylamae21

Thanks for getting in touch. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please respond accordingly and I'll be able to continue to support you through email. Thank you!

Popgawds
Visitor
1 0 0

I need to change my bank info but don’t have my old bank account information. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find it.  

PLAYGIRLXSHOP1
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Ren7 I have the same problem if you can send me the email too please . I tried all the steps. 
My email : Contactplaygirlxshop@gmail.com

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @PLAYGIRLXSHOP1

Ren here from the Shopify Support team. I have gone ahead and reached out via secure email to help get the process started for you. Please respond as directed and I will be able to continue to support you from there. 

Meipr1882
4 0 0

Hello,

I need to change the bank details of my payout bank account, but I don't have my old account number. The old account was paypal cash debit card and has been canceled due to changed from personal to business accnt. I have no way of finding out the old details that are normally required to update the account number 

Could a Shopify rep please assist ASAP 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Meipr1882

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to assist you from there. Thank you!

Meipr1882
4 0 0

Hello,

I already resolved my issue

Thanks 

Meipr1882
4 0 0

Hello Ren,

I already resolved my issue

Thank you 

GemelliRogue
Visitor
3 0 0

I don't even know what bank it is on my account. I have tried entering all bank accounts i have access to and nothing works. Please send me an email with next steps

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @GemelliRogue

Thanks for reaching out, I can certainly help. Please check your email for a secure message requesting some additional details. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to support you from there.

GemelliRogue
Visitor
3 0 0

I've sent all the requested information already. Please resend this email request.

orderedsteps
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm having an issue with payouts as well. It's saying my bank account info was entered incorrectly and it won't allow me to make any changes to my banking info. Please help...

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @orderedsteps

Thanks for reaching out for some help. When you get a chance, please check your email for a secure message requesting some additional details from you. Once your ownership of the account has been verified I can continue to support you from there. Thank you!

LaVerapwilson52
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m in need of help my payout went to a card that I no longer have nor do I remember the account number this store is over a year old but it just became active 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @LaVerapwilson52

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have sent you a secure email with instructions on moving forward with your help request. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the store I can continue to support you from there. 

ShayeGina
Visitor
2 0 0
Please fix my payout bank account
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello! 

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for reaching out. 

We'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue.

While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Pam_
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!

We have the same problem as @adamct. I hope you can help us too @@ ren7.

Thanks in advance! 

PetersWorldMaps
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm also having the same issue. I can't change the bank account info. It asks to verify the old account (now closed) and add the new account. The old account number has been entered accurately but it still won't accept the change. Please advise. Thanks, BAbramms

frnmy213
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ren,

Im experiencing a similar situation with Cash / Sutton Bank not providing me any additional information after closing my account I’ve had with them for a while now. With the excuse “they don’t provide this information after account closure”. Not even a statement or a phone number to call. Ive emailed Shopify support but no help yet: can you please help as all my payments are now in limbo due to negligence of Sutton Bank

Svenkat
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Ren,

I'm having a similar issue. I purchased an online business from someone, she left her bank account as the payout method but made me an admin of the store and removed herself. I don't have her bank acct information, and she is unlikely going to share that with me. Can you assist me with changing bank account information on my store account as well? 

Thank you,

Scott 

Bluemedia
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I need to change the bank details of my payout bank account, but I don't have my old account number and sort code. The old account was web based and has been deleted due to lack of use while I was building my Shopify store. I have no way of finding out the old details that are normally required to update the account number and sort.

I can find a solution based on the solutions you provided over here just send me an email please so I can solve this ASAP I need to do some payout 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi there, 

Some places to check for your old account number would be:

If you're unable to retrieve these details, please get in touch through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.