New edit orders feature: How to add/edit discount?

cmscss
Shopify Partner
184 2 235

Hi There,

We're trying to use the new edit order feature but can't figure out how to add/edit the discount. How do we do that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Replies 56 (56)
SingleLength
Excursionist
13 0 17

Unfortunately, this is something I've seen over, and over, and over again. Countless Shopify customers request a feature which should be fairly simple to implement, and it's usually a feature which should have been there from the start, and it's also usually a fairly important feature for proper functionality of the system. But years go by, and they just ignore the endless requests. Makes no damn sense. 

ConwayElectric
Visitor
1 0 2

We absolutely need this. Please add it ASAP

Ladytreedesigns
Visitor
2 0 1

Please please add this feature!!! Customers ask for discount codes to be added after placing the order and at the moment it's a massive faff!

ChrisS11
Shopify Partner
9 0 7
One way to accomplish that particular task is to just refund the order the
amount of the discount had they entered it. Then tag the order with a
special tag like "postPurchaseDiscount" and the discount code name. It
takes some accounting exporting, and sorting to ensure your analytics
around discount code usage and effectiveness are accurate, but depending on
your order throughput, the additional changes via those "discounts" could
be negligible.
MowerSport
Tourist
4 0 3

Really? That is a very convoluted way to do things. I'm not sure why this can't be added in as a function on the edit screen?

To make matters worse, now the eBay link functionality has been removed, Shopify is even less value for money 😞 Shopify needs to look at investing linking their platform back with eBay or risk losing customers. The fob off of "You can pay for a third party app to do this" is getting a bit old.

If we need to keep paying for third party apps to do basic functions, the price of a shopify account needs to be lowered.

SingleLength
Excursionist
13 0 17

giphy (6).gif

spacefisharmy
Excursionist
20 0 9

Every time I try to find an answer to a Shopify question...all I find are discussions about how it can't be done and that a ton of people are asking for it...but there is never an actual solution or anyone from Shopify even listening to their users 😩