Solved

Can I set up a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on my Shopify store?

AltugTheTeesion
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello all,

I want to set up a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal to my store, When customers add three products to cart, the cheapest products will be free.

I`ve been looking for this service for days, talked with app developers and experts(still talking tough). Mostly they offer gift system, but I have 8 products different prices, but this gift system limits me. 

Also, I want to giveaway discount codes for only single purchases. 

Do you know a service, app or expert can do this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (2)

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

There are three ways to resolve this issue for you. It's a fantastic business idea that you want to offer the customers Buy 2 Get 1 free. Here are the ways you can achieve this.

The first way is to use the Discounts function right from your Shopify admin. Shopify offers both Codes and Automatic. From what I gathered, you want to give away the discount codes for a single purchase only. The steps below are creating the discount from Codes section (so you can generate the giveaway codes for your customers)

1. Shopify admin > Discounts > Codes 04_18-jvpuh-fcehj
  2. In the Discount code section, create the code name. In the Options section, select Buy X Get Y04_25-a4gb4-0p4dz

3. In the Customer buys section, type in 2 and select Specific collections. In the Customer gets section, type in 1 and select Specific collections and Free at At a Discounted Value 

04_26-gx6zb-sayr1
  4. Again, in the Customer buys section, click on Browse. A popup window shows all the collections available. Select the collections where the products you want to be included in the promotion. If it's the whole store, select all the collections. Once done, click on Add 04_29-twzvj-s0wdv

04_30-jghps-d0sg3

5. Repeat the same steps for the Customer gets section

6. In the Customer eligibility section, assuming you want to make it available to everyone, so select Everyone. In the Usage limits section, select Limit to one use per customer04_34-vibfk-42e63
  7. You can adjust the rules to tailor what you need accordingly. Once finished, don't forget to click on Save at the top right corner 04_37-l0kay-q1prq
    The cheapest product is automatically the free one by default so you don't need to worry about setting this up. For more information, feel free to check out Create a Buy X Get Y discount.

The second way is through the apps such as Discount Ninja and Discounted Upsells ‑ Upsell, where the app can set up advanced discounted rules.

The third way is exactly what you've been doing, contacting the Shopify experts and consulting how they can build a customized feature just for you.

I hope that information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Allan | Shopify Community
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

View solution in original post

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Stacey (@EurbanPanda)!

Thanks for reaching out! To answer your question, let's go over the general idea of the discount code from Shopify.

The discount code requires the customer to put both products (one purchased and one free add-on) into his/her/their cart. For example, this is the cart page at my test store, after I've selected the two products (one I intend to buy and another I intend to get for free, both from the product page):
28_36-z9tn1-7qz9p

Notice the variants can be different. My first product is in silver and the second product is in green. Once the customer reaches the checkout page, he/she/they can then enter the discount code you've generated (the code you've generated at Shopify admin).

28_40-x7esy-u8ftr

After the discount code is entered by the customer, the checkout page will look like this.

28_42-n1pq0-tnxjp

As you observe this workflow, the discount isn't automatically applied when the customer reaches the checkout page. Rather, it requires the customer to pick up the promotional product first at the product page (in your case, another pair of sunglasses) and enter the discount code you've made at the checkout page. The discount code, if made, doesn't need any time to roll out through the system. Once you've made the code and saved it, it affects the store right away. Just in case if you'd like to have a reference document, here's Discount codes FAQ.

If this isn't clear to you, feel free to provide me with your store URL. I'd be happy to make a personalized video for you to show you the customer's journey. Let me know if you run into any issues!

Best,
Jason

Allan | Shopify Community
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 64 (64)