Solved

Multiple discount at checkout

TrendX
Tourist
12 0 35

Hello, I am having an issue here. I have a promotion running on automatic discount (its 10% off every 2nd product) and I definitely want to keep this promotion (like forever). Besides that I give my customers various discount codes, but when they go to checkout, they get an error messages that they cannot apply more than one discount.  In automatic discount it says that it can't combine with other discounts - but there is nowhere to change this setting. So my question is - where and how do I change this setting? 

Thanks a lot! 🙂 

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time. Check out our announcement to learn more!

If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please feel welcome to create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Thank you!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 609 (609)

coljung2
Tourist
4 0 1

Is is baffling that such a simple feature has not been built into before.

It's like when you are in the admin and want to sort Products by inventory... you can't. Mind blowing sometimes the omissions that Shopify provides.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@coljung2 it's a platform with millions of stores doing things unlike any platform before it ;

It cannot be all things to all people things take time do develop  general solutions that will work for that many different businesses

It's like when you are in the admin and want to sort Products by inventory... you can't. Mind blowing sometimes the omissions that Shopify provides.

Inventory data is at the variant and location level not the product so that's one reason and simple number sorting does not apply when each product can have 100 variants. 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

captainknotts
Shopify Partner
21 1 3

What is Shopify's definition of "few?

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 10.09.36 PM.png

Williampat369
Explorer
112 2 5

Hi TrendX,

Shopify checkout is totally controlled by Shopify where we can't make any changes or combine multiple discounts. You have to offer discounts on the cart page.

These apps will allow customers to set up discount field on the cart page as well as enter customized discount codes before checkout which will lead to increased sales and customer loyalty.

1. KartDiscount App

2. Discount Reminder App

3. Automatic Discount & Gift App

banned

Kevin_Wells
Excursionist
14 0 21

There is ABSOLUTELY no date in place for this option to regular accounts yet.  You cant even get accepted for the early roll-out.  They have been telling us this has been coming for almost 4 months now!  This if F'ing ridiculous.  

captainknotts
Shopify Partner
21 1 3

Hang in there, it will be worth it 😎

JessicaBulldog
Tourist
5 0 5

I have it now! Shopify Plan. Canada. 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time. Check out our announcement to learn more!

If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please feel welcome to create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Thank you!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bredowmax
Shopify Partner
86 1 126

Hi Trevor,

any ETA for Plus stores? I can see it on non-plus - but not on Plus.

Peachesandqueen
Visitor
2 0 1

Multiple discounts still aren’t working in the POS system. I reported this issue months ago and it still hasn’t been fixed. I have to manually discount Sale items daily. Say I have a 30% off item and a 40% off item, the system will only discount the higher discount item (40%) and I have to manually discount everything else. This is hard for my staff to keep up with. They are young and think everything will scan automatically