Solved

Multiple discount at checkout

TrendX
Tourist
12 0 35

Hello, I am having an issue here. I have a promotion running on automatic discount (its 10% off every 2nd product) and I definitely want to keep this promotion (like forever). Besides that I give my customers various discount codes, but when they go to checkout, they get an error messages that they cannot apply more than one discount.  In automatic discount it says that it can't combine with other discounts - but there is nowhere to change this setting. So my question is - where and how do I change this setting? 

Thanks a lot! 🙂 

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time. Check out our announcement to learn more!

If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please feel welcome to create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Thank you!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 609 (609)
Not applicable

you're absolutely right, it does appear "solved"... so I started a new thread.  Everyone who still wants this feature, please, lend your voice to the new thread;

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Stackable-Discounts/m-p/766354#M175759

Re1
Excursionist
24 0 44

There's no point starting a new thread, keep all feedback in the same thread.  It is "solved" because it's been put on their to do list (at the bottom).

rakheecandles
Tourist
5 0 27
That’s not the definition of solved
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

Everyone who still wants this feature, please, lend your voice to the new thread;

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Stackable-Discounts/m-p/766354#M175759

Breaking up feature request threads is just making it harder on everyone all you do is increase the difficulty for shopify to track who wants what for millions of stores and confuse other merchants into being unsure of which thread to put their voice in.

For example this thread is already an entire fractured thread after this one:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Apply-discount-together-with-free-shipping/td-p/4...

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@Anonymous we dont want a work-around, we want it to work.

It does work, on shopifyPlus and with apps.

it would be hard to imagine a more ghetto and convoluted methodology for something that should be simple, rule based, and automated

That was an outline for the specific case of having segmented customers while also having inventory that isn't also segmented.

Inventory segmentation is something you can start with immediately instead of hoping.

(products -> export to csv -> formulas to modify skus names and prices -> import ->etc ->sync)

https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=inventory+sync

something like that deeply detracts from the customer experience as well,

How does it detract from a customers experience when VIP customers are made to feel like VIPs with a different level of product access a merchant has made the effort to setup to increase the business value?

just seems like apologist justification

Rofl, versus what having no options at all?

Waiting around hoping for another company to develop some overly specific feature is not a plan. 

Allowing multiple discounts for all plans during a checkout that integrates with thousands of payment gateways is not simple just because the end user thinks it's simple to implement.

If a business requires rule based discounts use an app or evaluate moving to shopifyPlus and using line-item scripts.

shopify community has been begging for for a decade.

This and hundreds of other features that are unlikely to be forthcoming as they would only benefit a tiny tiny percent of a million+ merchant stores.

If some specific feature is a business requirement then work with what's available(Plus,apps,inventory segmentation,etc),  or just directly invest in tech that allows it.

Waiting for a feature under an expectation or entitlement of "it's simple" is just bad business as it means that business is not doing what it can NOW because of the false hope another company might solve all their problems for them.

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

arpconsulting
Excursionist
37 0 2

Hi,

I am looking for this feature as well. And as I have seen some recommendations on using apps I would like to share with you that I use the Advanced Bundle Price app and I am still not able to stack discounts at checkout. As adding this feature in Shopify might take who knows how long, would somebody more experienced than I am recommend an app that will allow me to use bunlde discounts and add a promo discount at checkout on top?

Thanks a lot,

Raluca

PrettyPeach
Tourist
3 0 2

Are there any workarounds for this at all? We have quite a few items that are on "sale" and when someone tried to use a discount code we have provided them, they are unable to. Please add my vote for this feature as well! Thanks! 

bredowmax
Shopify Partner
86 1 126

What you can do is apply a discount directly in the product. This doesn’t interfere with the shopify discount system. Remember that this means that the discount will be visible for everyone

Not applicable

"Waiting for a feature under an expectation or entitlement of "it's simple" is just bad business as it means that business is not doing what it can NOW because of the false hope another company might solve all their problems for them."

You're absolutely right.  Thank you for helping me see that shopify is not the right platform my my business.

EG1264
Excursionist
19 0 10

Who says we're waiting for Shopify to solve all of our problems. We're waiting for shopify to solve one problem for which there is no app that creates an easy fix and great user experience. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@EG1264 it's not about shopify or necessarily "all" problems it's about reigning in expectation that other companies will fulfill business requirements, especially those built on top of other business requirements.

Feature X could be released tomorrow, or never, in the mean time re-evalute the requirement if it's actually valuable or if there's an alternative approach.

For any valuable business requirement invest in solutions like shopifyPlus or custom applications.

DamSheetsAndrew
Visitor
1 0 0

Is there any progress on this? Thread goes back forever and is marked as solved but seems it isn't.

Please add my vote.

I'm selling bed linen and need to offer a bundle of the full set with a discount, plus I've been handing out promo codes. But I can't layer the discounts so can't offer the bundle and people have to add the items one by one. any view on a work around would be appreciated in the meantime.

Thanks,

Andrew

damsheets.com 

welcomebrand
Shopify Partner
71 1 109

I'm going to guess looking at the history and lack of action on this thread that it's yet another shopify thing that should be standard ecommerce functionality but that's never going to get implemented. 

For what it's worth, please add my name to the list of wanting this. 

My use case is that we offer discounted upsell items when a customer adds something to their cart but doing this means I can't offer any other discounts which is crazy so exit intent discounts, abandoned cart discounts etc are all rendered useless if someone's added a discounted upsell item.

Is there a shopify develpment roadmap anywhere that people can see because while I've only been using the platform a couple of months, I'm very disappointed to see that this sort of feature request is not uncommon and nothing ever seems to happen with them other than "we'll add it to a list". 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@welcomebrand 

use case is that we offer discounted upsell items when a customer adds something to their cart but doing this means I can't offer any other discounts

Is there a reason the upsell items cannot already be set to the incentive price?

welcomebrand
Shopify Partner
71 1 109

@PaulNewton wrote:

@welcomebrand 

use case is that we offer discounted upsell items when a customer adds something to their cart but doing this means I can't offer any other discounts

Is there a reason the upsell items cannot already be set to the incentive price?

You mean the sale price set on the product itself? 

In one instance I have a product that's normally £40, is on sale for £25 but if you add it as an upsell we add a further discount to make it £20 so setting it as £20 on the main product edit page isn't possible. 

I actually just noticed as a result of not being able to stack discounts, my upsell offers don't even discount both items if a customer adds them. So my case is I sell chef knives so offer an upsell of a honing rod and also a blade guard (both with an additional discount). 

I also run abandoned cart emails which offer a further discount. So because Shopify won't support multiple discounts if a customer decided to add a chef knife, a discounted honing rod and blade guard upsell then abandoned their purchase but came back via an email with the discount the only discount they would get would be on the first upsell item they added to their basket. 

Honestly I can't figure a use case beyond some fairly lazy or short sighted web development where applying only one discount at a time makes any sense 😞 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@welcomebrand wrote:

No on the upsell product itself which does not need to be the original product, there's a difference hence the part about syncing inventory

Honestly I can't figure a use case beyond some fairly lazy or short sighted web development where applying only one discount at a time makes any sense 😞 

Shopify's a billion dollar platform and that's because it gets ecommerce to the masses and to do that cannot be all encompassing for a few merchants perceived business needs.

There's plenty of reasons to not push feature "X":

The reasons go on and on,  worrying about whether or not some other company will fulfill some wishful requirement is't valuable.

If it's valuable implement the solutions available.

rakheecandles
Tourist
5 0 27

Most patronising answer award goes to @PaulNewton 

EG1264
Excursionist
19 0 10

@PaulNewton, you are the only one in this thread of a lot of people that thinks that the addition of allowing stacked discounts is not necessary. Think about that. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@EG1264  I never said I think that stacked discount's aren't necessary, I provided insight into the problem and actual actions merchants can take now instead of wishing for tommorow.

welcomebrand
Shopify Partner
71 1 109

@PaulNewton wrote:

@welcomebrand wrote:

No on the upsell product itself which does not need to be the original product, there's a difference hence the part about syncing inventory

Shopify's a billion dollar platform and that's because it gets ecommerce to the masses and to do that cannot be all encompassing for a few merchants perceived business needs.

There's plenty of reasons to not push feature "X":

The reasons go on and on,  worrying about whether or not some other company will fulfill some wishful requirement is't valuable.

If it's valuable implement the solutions available.

I thought of creating a brand new item at the discounted upsell price and making that the offer but then I couldn't see a way to not have it show up in my store as a cheaper item and stopping customers simply finding and buying that one. I can't in effect have it as a published but "secret" product as far as I could see. It also feels like this would be a massive hassle to keep track of and do as I have multiple upsells and want to add more. 

If I added a sharpening rod at £20 which I could use as the upsell product and the normal price is £25, how do I make the £20 one invisible in searches, or if a customer uses my all products filter? 

I do find it hard to believe that a billion dollar company hasn't done some user testing on discounts and found customers want and need multiple discounts if only for simple things like offering an abandoned cart discount and an additional one like free shipping or a christmas sale or something. 

As someone else mentioned here, you've got a 29 page thread dating back a long time with people who probably all arrive here like me by searching for "why doesn't shopify offer multiple discounts" so I'm definitely not alone in my wishful requirement. I just wanted to get a feel for how the development flow at this billion dollar company works because so far, every shortcoming I've found since switching from Umbraco to Shopify has been met with either a live chat operative saying "we'll add it to the development list, cheers" or a forum thread similar to this. 

I dig that payment gateways can be tricky. I've worked in web design and development for many years. They're not so tricky that offering something multiple discounts blows the mind. 

I appreciate your time and answers and since switching to Shopify I've largely enjoyed it but I am getting used to hitting stumbling blocks in how it works (or doesn't) that are definitely "non-standard" and backed by a forum thread like this and a fix that's obviously never going to happen. I'll continue to work around these limitations as best I can I suppose. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@welcomebrand wrote:

I thought of creating a brand new item at the discounted upsell price and making that the offer but then I couldn't see a way to not have it show up in my store as a cheaper item and stopping customers simply finding and buying that one. I can't in effect have it as a published but "secret" product as far as I could see. It also feels like this would be a massive hassle to keep track of and do as I have multiple upsells and want to add more.  

That's why most merchants that need upsells use apps to get finer control, some dynamically create products as needed.

If I added a sharpening rod at £20 which I could use as the upsell product and the normal price is £25, how do I make the £20 one invisible in searches, or if a customer uses my all products filter? 

To "hide" a product that's visible on the online channel you can use liquid code similar to the following in a themes products loops to skip it:

{% if product.id == 1234567890 or product.handle == "upsellproductshandle" %} {% continue %} {%endif %}

That can make it not render in the html but it will still be available over the rest api using forms.

Additionally hide it from google https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/hide-a-page-from-search-engines

Or put such products it in a specific collection and check if the product is in that collection,etc there are also access control apps available.

I do find it hard to believe that a billion dollar company hasn't done some user testing on discounts and found customers want and need multiple discounts if only for simple things like offering an abandoned cart discount and an additional one like free shipping or a christmas sale or something. 

I find it hard to believe too. What are the chances billion dollar company hasn't considered feature X? How many features per day,per month per year do they have to weigh the value of and triage?

I just wanted to get a feel for how the development flow at this billion dollar company works because so far, every shortcoming I've found since switching from Umbraco to Shopify has been met with either a live chat operative saying "we'll add it to the development list, cheers" or a forum thread similar to this. 

https://changelog.shopify.com/ & https://developers.shopify.com/changelog are about the best gauge beginners can use to get a sense of shopify's direction.

There's about ~2 merchant facing changes to the discount system per year, much more with the api.

Umbraco is ~1.5x the monthly price for dedicated support than shopify's advanced plan with 24/7 support that's very good, not including current covid19 events.

Shopify support is very good at support requests but definitely not at fast feature requests those work on the scale of years.

The only roadmap we'll probably ever get is what's announced at Unite conference,the occasional blog posts,  or town halls.

Such as native upsells https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/shopify-reunite-announcements-2020 (very bottom of page, or watch the recording https://www.shopify.com/reunite)

Gateways being tricky is not the only factor which turns it into a multiplier against any feature having to do with real world transactions.

I appreciate your time and answers

Thank you that actually means a lot as tensions are always high in these X-request threads and anything besides an instant free solution is always jeered.

since switching to Shopify I've largely enjoyed it but I am getting used to hitting stumbling blocks in how it works

Your why I contribute to these threads, I've dealt with these same blocks and have been working with the platform long enough that I can generally find a general DIY strategy for those willing to do the best they can.

Good Luck!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@DamSheetsAndrew wrote:

I'm selling bed linen and need to offer a bundle of the full set with a discount, plus I've been handing out promo codes. But I can't layer the discounts so can't offer the bundle and people have to add the items one by one. any view on a work around would be appreciated in the meantime.

Make a set item with the final price, sync inventory in the backend if need be.

Or separate items with correct pricing, possibly as variants, that you check for in the /cart

Lodevole
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

This thread was started in January 2019 and still the issue has not been resolved. It is a very common practice for online retailers to offer multiple discounts and so stack able discount feature is a must. I am a new shopify user and I am surrpised that how could shopify forget about having this feature. Please add my vote to the ballot!

Thanks

fallingcurl
Visitor
1 0 3

Please can you add my vote for this feature please! Very inflexible to only allow one at a time, there's a very clear use case for example both FREE DELIVERY & 10% OFF - maybe delivery and % discounts should be treated as two distinct discount types that CAN be combined??

Vesna
Tourist
6 0 7

Great (and simple) use case!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

You can do free shipping without discount codes

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/setting-up-shippin...

If for some reason you only want it to apply to certain customers a workaround is to use a high weight condition and add a high weight free product to the customers cart to trigger that condition.

Be sure to do test orders to see if your fulfillment systems,etc wont fail with that work around.

EG1264
Excursionist
19 0 10

@PaulNewton since you're so into providing work around solutions, please help me with mine. I have an ever running automatic discount (spend $$ and get %% off), which I'm never going to remove. I want to give the trade/designers and abandoned carts an extra 5% off on top of the automatic discount. How do I do this without adding some janky app?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@EG1264 wrote:

I have an ever running automatic discount (spend $$ and get %% off), which I'm never going to remove. I want to give the trade/designers and abandoned carts an extra 5% off on top of the automatic discount.

Turn them into manual discounts codes(MDC) and apply them to the cart using frontend techniques.

Then it's much simpler since then a cart, or abandoned cart recovery(ACR) won't trigger an automatic discount preventing application of the desired MDC.

But why? Automatic discounts(AD) behaviors: 

• Can only have 1 active AD on a store
  • AD's take priority over manual discounts, so if you put manual discount on an ACR url even if it's eligible it won't work as the AD gets applied first.
  • No method to suppress AD's in preference for manual discounts
  • No setting to make MDC's the priority'
  • AD's have limited conditional logic, so cannot be for for a specific customer group(such as those with an ACR).
  • AD's have no exclusion rules - so cannot setup to ignore customers in a customer group or tag(such as those without an ACR).
  • checkout_scripts are only a shopifyPlus feature

So if you want to add more to a percentage discount such as 5% to 20% just make a 25% off discount.  

Note: (1000-25% = 750) is not (1000-20%)-5% = 760, adjust accordingly if dealing with expensive items andor narrow margins.

Add a discount to the /cart form to be applied when customer checks out:

{% if cart.subtotal > 100000 %}
 <input type="hidden" name="discount" value="QUARTEROFFAC">
{% endif %}

or use a meta refresh using the direct url method with optional redirect /discount/CODE?redirect=/new-path

Appended a MDC to the cart recovery link for manual sharing.or adding it to the ACR email template.

Cart Recover Link(CRL) with discount code example:

https://shopify.com/8595542/checkouts/74e27a62812e3fcdf67796d1a8bde1b1/recover?key=f1asdf015qwert314&discount=QUARTEROFFAC
💣Avoid using special characters in your discount names so that your discount names add correctly to y...

Here QUARTEROFFAC was used instead of 25%OFFAC because you must remember to url encode percent signs(%) to (%25) when putting them in urls like if your sharing them in fb messenger, so 25%OFFAC would become 25%25OFFAC  in a url|link. Test it without encoding in a test abandoned cart to see the failure which at time of writing is still a HTTP ERROR 400.

Edit ACR email templates to include discounts shopify.com/admin/email_templates/abandoned_checkout_notification/edit

Looking for a line similar to this: 

<a href="{{ url }}" class="button__text">Items in your cart</a>

Update it to:

<a href="{% if url contains '?' %}{{ url | append: '&discount=QUARTEROFFAC"' }}{% else %}{{ url | append: '?discount=QUARTEROFFAC"' }}{% endif %}" class="button__text">Items in your cart</a>

Also replace {{shop.url}} with that change, see docs for more instruction: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/discounts/discounts-for-abandoned-checkout-recovery-emails

💣Remember to test when making changes to notification templates don't just preview the sample and call it day.

Since rules and filters aren't included in either the or customer export, or discount export;  Here are some recommended settings to manually create:

Conditions for ACR manual discounts should probably be set to:

• "Limit to one use per customer"
  • if your vetting customers use 'Specific groups of customers" using "AbandonedCart" group as explained below.

Optionally create a customers group, aka customers saved search, in shopify.com/admin/customers for existing customers

• using "more filters" > "Abandoned checkout" > "Last 90 Days"* 
  • Alternatively for manual approval or tag automation use customer tags like abandonedcart, abandonedcarteligible,etc to make the customer search filter.
  • Save as "AbandonedCart"** or similar.

*ACR isn't possible after ~3 months"

**If you recreate a customer group to have new rules|filters remember to go into the discount and delete the old group even though it looks right then browse and re-add it. When you delete replace a customer group the labels may stay the same but the underlying ID for the search group changes but does not propagate that info to other systems.

EG1264
Excursionist
19 0 10

As I said in my previous post, I'm never removing my automatic discount. I've tested automatic discounts versus manual discount codes and my automatic discounts get me a lot more sales (with automatic discounts customers see the discount in their cart instead of having to wait until the payment page to see the discount - most of my customers are on mobile). I've edited the code in my site a lot but my technical skills are not great so your post confused me. Thank you for providing it but its confusing. If it's so easy to provide a workaround why can't shopify just add this feature for all-with code that's been tested by their development team (I hate adding code by a random person because who knows if its been tested)? Thanks. But my point is that shopify could easily and should add this feature for all.

JulianMTE
Visitor
2 0 2

We are also looking for this feature... I am honestly quite suprised, that a major platfrom like shopify does not offer this? I think, it is a quite usual marketing tool, to grand cascaded discounts. Has there really nothing happened so far?

normdouglas
Tourist
3 0 8

Having now used Shopify for a little while as well as being a web developer for well over 20 years (using other platforms) I can tell you I'm not surprised by this.

Platforms such as Shopify really are designed to just be a very low end simplistic platform, not designed for larger business'. Now naturally a Shopify representative will say "oh but JBHiFi use us... but what the like of JBHiFi use is nothing like what the average user has access to.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@JulianMTE We are also looking for this feature... I am honestly quite suprised, that a major platfrom like shopify does not offer this? 

ShopifyPlus 

@normdouglas  Platforms such as Shopify really are designed to just be a very low end simplistic platform, not designed for larger business'. 

ShopifyPlus and Shopify Api's show that to be false, if a merchant chooses to not avail themselves of features that's on them for not investing in tools specifically designed for larger businesses and growth.

Craig_C
Tourist
4 0 5

Any update on this?  Similarly I'm running an automatic discount code for 10% off when people buy2 or more selected products.  I'm also creating manual codes for 15% and/or 25% off depending on the scenario.  I'd like that system to recognize the better deal and apply accordingly

yasir360
Tourist
3 0 5

Hi, I am working over project, client is Using App name " Script Editor ",  this App give 2fers on our site, they are mainly buy 2 product and get 10 percent off. We want these to work with certain coupon codes. But the problem we are facing after cart page when we add 2 products in the cart and get 10% off but after apply Coupon code, coupon code applied to the Actual Amount and remove this 2refs offer of the client, Kindly help me in this manner, and if there is any question do let me know.

looking forward to your reply, Thanking you in anticipations.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

@yasir360 wrote:

Hi, I am working over project, client is Using App name " Script Editor ",  this App give 2fers on our site, they are mainly buy 2 product and get 10 percent off. We want these to work with certain coupon codes. But the problem we are facing after cart page when we add 2 products in the cart and get 10% off but after apply Coupon code, coupon code applied to the Actual Amount and remove this 2refs offer of the client, Kindly help me in this manner, and if there is any question do let me know.

looking forward to your reply, Thanking you in anticipations.

The shopifyPlus scripts editor has it's own forum https://community.shopify.com/c/Script-Editor/bd-p/scripts

If you have multiple scripts with conflicting logic you need to code them to not replace each other or combine them into a single script

lisab2019
Visitor
1 0 4

Hello,

I am trying to solve a discount problem and have tried outside apps, as well as trying solutions from community.

Our needs seem simple - we want to run an ongoing ad where if a customer buys 2-4 pieces of a specific collection - they get 10% off, if they buy 5 or more they get 20% off.  Saw in a thread someone said we cld do this in shopify but...?

We then want to be running a discount code for other collections while the above code is running.   Ie; if they buy 5 pcs from collection a they get the automatic discount of 20% off and then they can still enter code "sale" and receive 10% off a specific item from another collection.

Please help.  I have tried tiered discounts but they dont seem to allowed me to tier the collection.   As well, after reading many comments - it seems even if we can get a teired app we might not be able to allow the customer to enter a code for the discount in the other collection.

Vesna
Tourist
6 0 7

Yes!! This is an excellent use case. My hope is that Shopify continues to hear these and show how to solve this. Thank you for sharing your specific use case 

yasir360
Tourist
3 0 5

There is one Script that will be apply to give discount i.e 2 reff , if you buy 2 same product, but when i applied product Discount on different product in the same cart, 2 reff discount get removed. Kindly help me.

Thank You.

yasir360
Tourist
3 0 5

I am not using multiple scripts, it's only one script and other one is the discount that Shopify provide in the name of Coupon Code, when you apply this coupon code on the product in the cart, than script 2 reff discount get removed from other product.

seedsofkindness
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Peter,

Please add my vote to the multiple coupon codes being used on checkout 🙂

Many thanks,

Este'

Mahir_Iskender
Tourist
7 0 4

This is very disappointing. Shopify should not dictate how we run our e-commerce businesses. Please fix this or lose us. Thank you.

alexismorel
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Mahir,

Here's a solution I found: https://youtu.be/6pwHCBUwRlo

I hope it helps you!

Amber-SA
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Peter,

Please add my name too - this is a feature that we really need in our store.

Many thanks.

jjcastillot
Excursionist
27 1 8

Also needing this urgently. Add me to the list.

Rudie_Errenrich
Tourist
6 0 5

I think Shopify should just close this thread completely, been going on forever.

It is very clear from this thread that Shopify has no interest in adding this very basic feature to their platform.

So why keep it open and allow all the shop owners to state that they need this feature, pathetic actually that Shopify does not even bother to reply to this thread stating the plans going forward.

That way we as shop owners would know exactly where we stand, it is a pity though, as Shopify is such a nice respected platform.

Linna
Visitor
1 0 1

Urgent needed for this feature.

It's just very reasonable request and basic feature for EC platform. 

Please build it soon!

Farmersarmour
Tourist
5 0 1

is this issue ever going to be resolved ? we would really like to be able to allow multiple discounts to our customers why is there not a choice to allow this if it is something we would like to do?

BLKPNTS1
Excursionist
21 0 15

@Trevorso exactly how long is the request sheets for Stacked / Multiple discounts? I'd like to add my name to it (5 times - I have 5 stores), I would explain exactly why but reason have been stated ad nauseam for the last 35 pages.
Is this actually something you are looking into?

BLKPNTS1
Excursionist
21 0 15

I've been told its only available with Shopify Plus - That's great only $1921 extra per month!

krypto
Tourist
5 0 0

looks like scripts will work, thanks to the user who provided this info.  This is still more work than it should be for basic functionality imho.