How to batch delete all products

lordran
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi, I'm a newbie to Shopify,I run the store through the Shopify API.

Now,I want to delete all products quickly,then upload new products.

The key point of this case is that I have 80k+ products in store, I only found a API to delete product per request one by one or delete them by operating on admin page,but it also only 50 or 50+(I don't know what actually is the number of that ).Now the operating of bulk delete on page is dosen't work 😞

Replies 28 (28)

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1236 61 364
renmarth1510
Visitor
2 0 2

doesnt work . .

monomyth_io
Tourist
5 0 0

I'm having the same problem. I can see the PUT command firing and returning a 200 response code, but nothing ever happens.

Request URL: https://[shop].myshopify.com/admin/products/set
Request Method: PUT
Status Code: 200

operation: destroy
multipage_select: true

{"message":"Your job has been enqueued and will run shortly."}

Steini
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi, I have the same issue.

I did exactly what Rockpapercopy posted and clicked on Products->All Products->Clicked the select Checkbox -> clicked on "select all 50+ products from your store" -> confirm -> then I sleected the action "delete selected products" and confirmed it.

Then it says "deleting products in background" and nothing happens. I can leave the page open, I can trigger this job 10 times, I can refresht the page, nothing happens, not a single item is being deleted. I even tried to trigger the job and leave the page open "Over night" and still... no result at all.

When I open the details page of any product and click on "delete" and confirm it, the deletion works but this cant be an option as I have to delete 60k products here I want to upload anew.

I also lost the shopify article-id references in my own database which means I cannot delete them by API anymore.

Please help to solve this issue, thanks.

trada
Tourist
8 0 1

Did you have any luck with this? I'm struggling hard 

@Steini wrote:

Hi, I have the same issue.

I did exactly what Rockpapercopy posted and clicked on Products->All Products->Clicked the select Checkbox -> clicked on "select all 50+ products from your store" -> confirm -> then I sleected the action "delete selected products" and confirmed it.

Then it says "deleting products in background" and nothing happens. I can leave the page open, I can trigger this job 10 times, I can refresht the page, nothing happens, not a single item is being deleted. I even tried to trigger the job and leave the page open "Over night" and still... no result at all.

When I open the details page of any product and click on "delete" and confirm it, the deletion works but this cant be an option as I have to delete 60k products here I want to upload anew.

I also lost the shopify article-id references in my own database which means I cannot delete them by API anymore.

Please help to solve this issue, thanks.

Renars
Shopify Partner
284 31 332

Hey @TR 

It seems like deleting all products from Shopify seems to be a sort of struggle.
If you are open to using apps, then we can offer you to use the Excelify app. There you can easily bulk export all Product base information to excel, mark all of them with a "Command" - DELETE and import the file back with the Excelify. 

That will delete all the Products listed in the exported file.

Here is our tutorial that explains exactly how to do this - Bulk delete Shopify Products.

The price of the app and doing this depend on how many items you will need to export/import. For that, you can check out our "Pricing" page.

If you have any questions regarding the app you can always contact us by any means listed in our "Contact Us" page.

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app
gamesonline
Tourist
4 0 3

It is good if you have 2000 products or less if you have 45k like me it becomes just a little bit too expensive.

YourFishStore
Visitor
1 0 0

So kinda have a fix to this... I have about 10k products which I delete and upload on a daily basis.. and the same thing happens to me.

It seems like Shopify will hang up with you to do too many products at one time.  What I usually do to make it work (The workaround.. that needs to be fixed)

~ I delete them in small batches then kick off a big deletion job.  It almost seems like the small batches will get it working... or at least delete the first few products the the "deletion job is hung up on"  

This works for me more often than not.  

YourFishStore.com 

Aaron_G
Tourist
6 0 2

Use the Kantu automation extension in chrome or firefox, if u get any errors with any clicks make sure u right click instead, i had the issue with drop down menu for  delete option. i skip that with right click, help me to delete over 100000 products in few hours by just automating.

Denis_R
4 0 0

Hi,

it's possible to delete all products using our StockKeeper app.

While it's not a main purpose of the app there is a service function designed to help store owners exactly in such case.

Steps:

1. Install StockKeeper (https://apps.shopify.com/stockkeeper)

2. Select Settings -> Store

3. Click on Advanced Operations

4. Click Remove all managed data

It may take several hours to remove the products depending on your store size. You can monitor progress from app Dashboard.

opifygurl
Visitor
3 0 0

this app no longer exist

Kai

karmadoji
Visitor
2 0 2

I made a similar error; bulk deleting (with a 50 item limit) is a real pain when you have thousands of products surely shopify can come up with a better option!

robertw477
Visitor
1 0 1

When I look at Shopify (and we have a large number of skus 10K+,  see common things like deleting products missing from the admin side of things as puzzling. Probably the majority of Shopify users have a handful of products but things that would be basic functionality seem to be missing and require all sorts of plugins to do things that should be in Shopify already. And from my limited testing of Shopify I dont see any changes or enhancements at least to cover basic funtions that should be supported. 

orbit-shopy
Visitor
1 0 1

I don't know if people are still looking for the solution but I found this app which executes a liquid script to delete all products. It offers 15 days free trial but I was able to delete 13K products within 30-40 mins.

https://usemechanic.com/task/delete-all-products

Tya
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks

Usemechanic was really helpful for me!!

Nidbit
Visitor
1 0 0

Mechanic is excellent. Removed nearly 10000 products in a short time.

md-teile
Shopify Partner
11 2 2

Is there a better solutions now? The app "usemechanics" doesnt exists anymore..

Tya
Visitor
2 0 1

It still exists : https://apps.shopify.com/mechanic

Ryan727
Visitor
1 0 0

What query do I use in usemechanics to delete all the products for a specific brand? 

DeveloperRK
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Try using this app:

https://apps.shopify.com/duplicate-finder

You will be able to find duplicate products and variants and then this app can be used to delete duplicate records.

If you want to delete all products then on sending an email request to its team, they will do it for you in very less time.

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
93 13 17

You can use the free plan on our Bulk Product Editor app (https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-product-editor) to delete all products from your store or to delete products that match a certain conditions.

As an example, here's a video showing how to remove all products that contain a specific word and that don't have any images:

Our free plan includes five edits a month (no limit on number of products) so you can perform multiple deletes without having to sign up.

Best,

Daniel

Founder @ Ablestar ✦
Manage product data, spreadsheets, Google Shopping data, and metafields with Ablestar Bulk Product Editor. Use previews, undos, and automations to be confident your product data is correct.
Please don't forget to Like and Mark Solution to the post that helped you. Thanks!
Stephen34
Shopify Partner
68 1 85

Can your app do a filter like delete the products between item number 1000 and item number 2000?   And would your app consider this delete job to be one edit of the 5 monthly edits, or 1000 different edits?

Thanks

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
93 13 17

Hi Stephen,

The app can filter for 'greater than' or 'less than' on numeric fields but if the item number is in the SKU field that's treated as text so we can't do a numeric comparison. Depending on your SKUs though, you could do a search for "Product SKU starts with 1" (but be sure to check it only includes the SKUs you want to delete).

For the monthly edits, one delete job would count as an edit. So if you delete 10,000 products in a single go, that would count as 1 of 5 edits.

Best,

Daniel

Founder @ Ablestar ✦
Manage product data, spreadsheets, Google Shopping data, and metafields with Ablestar Bulk Product Editor. Use previews, undos, and automations to be confident your product data is correct.
Please don't forget to Like and Mark Solution to the post that helped you. Thanks!
Stephen34
Shopify Partner
68 1 85

Okay, so the sku you can't do a range, but you can do a less than? Correct? So filter all sku's less than 170000 or something similar. And then delete them all at once, correct?

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
93 13 17

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately we can't do "SKUs less than 17000" because we don't know for sure that all SKUs are numeric (even if they are in your particular store). If you have a custom condition you want to filter on you could also use the app to:

- Generate a spreadsheet in the app of product handles and SKUs

- Filter the spreadsheet to identify the exact SKUs you want to remove

Once you have that list of SKUs there's two ways to delete those products:
- You could use a 'Spreadsheet Edit' to add a tag like 'delete' to the list of SKUs. Then create a second edit to delete all products with that tag

- You can also filter by multiple SKUs at once by separating them with commas:

DanielAblestar_0-1673273964444.png

These do require an additional step but would let you delete a set of SKUs based on whichever parameters you want to filter for in the spreadsheet.

Best,

Daniel

Founder @ Ablestar ✦

opifygurl
Visitor
3 0 0

5 years later...is there a fix or are app developers going to keep spamming each thread about deleteing products in bulk? So I need to pay for an app in order to bulk delete shopify store items? I have over 4k products that need to go for various reasons so i can start over and nothing is being deleted. If I were in wordpress right now this wouldnt even be an issue and many of the WP apps are free unlike shopify app developers. 

Kai

movsumov
Shopify Partner
58 1 21

We have built an app which automates product deletion. 

App URL: https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-delete-products

You can use the app to delete products by collection, vendor or status. It is also possible to delete out-of-stock products. 

You can watch the demo video below.

movsumov
Shopify Partner
58 1 21

We recently made a lot of improvements to the app. You can watch the demo here.