Solved

Can I modify text color in Shopify's Boundless theme cart page and newsletter section?

cbb
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

How do I change the color of the text 'quantity' on the cart page in boundless theme? The button's background color is white and text is white. How can I change the 'quantity' word to black?

I also need to change the color of the text 'email address' to black in the newsletter section. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @cbb,

Try to add the following code in your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

input::placeholder, textarea::placeholder {
    color: #000000;
    opacity: 1;
}

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks! 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 14 (14)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

Hey @cbb,

Please share your website URL. I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
cbb
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you!

www.chefsboozybites.com

I'm trying to change the text color to black in the newsletter for the email address button, blog comment section, and the quantity in the checkout page. 

Thank you very much for looking into it.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

Hey @cbb,

Thanks for the URL.

Please add following code in your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

/* For newsletter email address color */
.input-group__field {
}

/* For Blog comment box text color */
.form-vertical input, .form-vertical select, .form-vertical textarea{
}

/* For other inputs and checkout colors */
input, textarea, select {
}

Hope this works for you.

Thanks!

cbb
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you very much. It worked with the new text that I enter in the buttons. The words 'name', 'email address', and 'comment' in the comments section and 'email address' in the newsletter section are still in the white color text which is making the customers understand what is the purpose of the button.

error1.PNGerror3.PNG

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @cbb,

Try to add the following code in your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

input::placeholder, textarea::placeholder {
    opacity: 1;
}

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks! 

cbb
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you very much!! It worked.

JonnyAtrocity
Visitor
2 0 2

How would you add it so that the color of the + and - sign are also black on the quantity for the cart page?

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

@JonnyAtrocity 

Please share your website URL and password if any. I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

JonnyAtrocity
Visitor
2 0 2
Chokeonitapparel.com
Thank you. I’m concerned with the cart page itself
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3693

@JonnyAtrocity 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

#your-shopping-cart .js-qty__adjust{
background-color: #000 !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Boldkit
Visitor
1 0 0
Hello, I am trying to change the colour of the TEXT on my cart page can you help please?
My theme is currently black and the text on my cart page is also black eg - https://www.boldkittt.com/cart
My Shopify URL is -  www.boldkittt.com
gab_stece
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello! I want to change some especific words in my product price price, i want just to the price (in the case R$ 6,30) and the and the installment price ( in the case R$ 1,57) to be in red, all the rest i want in black... there is a way to do that? @dmwwebartisan 

Captura de tela 2021-12-07 101734.png

rachaelstanton4
Visitor
2 0 1

How would I change just the color of the text in my header? It absolutely blows my mind that Shopify will only allow 1 single text color- that is so frustrating. I'm trying to get the announcement text white and the header text black. Literally the most basic function ever.

omnstores
Tourist
7 0 3

How do i change the color of the actual quantity?
The word "QUANTITY" is White on the Black Background but the product quantity "1" on the cart page is in black color on the black background

Thank you.