Solved

.csv Import error / Selected column types invalid CSV-Header: Missing Header: Title.

therealdendeman
Tourist
3 0 1

Aloha Community,

I am trying to import a list of only 4 products (so far that was all meant to be as a test). I am using three of my already existing pructs as I am downloading a .csv export open it within excel, add another line with very simple information of the 4th product. Afterwards I am trying to upload the .csv flatfile but it always shows me the following error message:

• Selected column types Ungültiger CSV-Header: Fehlende Header: Title. (german note)
  • Selected column types invalid CSV header: missing header: title  (english note)

The header exists (I left it out and filled it back in only to try), the formating of the data is correct, as well as the .csv is saved as UTF-8. I feel like being within a loop trying over and over again and would appreciate your help.

To all the Gurus out there: Yes the header has the correct form which is why I am not sure if that error message is the correct one.

Appreciate your feedback and support

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks, Daniel! 

Reviewing the CSV file, nothing pops out at me that would explain why you're getting that error. In most cases, when a CSV file looks near perfect, and you still get an error then it's almost always a formatting issue. I copied and pasted the contents into a new CSV file which seemed to fix the problem as I was able to successfully import the file to my test store without any errors. You'll find the CSV I tested with here

Let me know if you run into any other issues! 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 33 (33)