Solved

Has anyone else seen this suspected scam? - Recovery Operations

LloydGreenfield
4 0 0

Hi all,

A client of mine recently got the following email (names removed). The links take you to a payment page of a store called shopifycollections-uk. 

The balance is not in dollars and the amounts do not match up with what we see in the Shopify UI. Has anyone else seen this?

---------------------

Hi xxx,

You currently have an outstanding balance, of £982.93 for your Shopify Payments account associated with xxx. We require that you make a payment of £491.47 to keep your account open.

You can make a payment for your full outstanding amount of £982.93 by using the link below:

Pay full amount 

If you are unable to make a payment for the full amount you can also use the following link below to make a partial payment of £491.47, using the link below:

Pay partial amount 

If you would like to discuss this further, we are available to you over phone at 1-855-908-3988 or by replying directly to this email. If you have already addressed this concern, please disregard this email and we apologize for any inconvenience, your email address will be removed from our campaign shortly.

Regards,
Shopify Recovery Operations

---------------

Many thanks,

Lloyd

Accepted Solution (1)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, everyone!

Sophia here from Shopify. I appreciate you expressing your concern here and checking in to verify whether these emails are legitimate requests from Shopify. Based on what you've shared, these do appear to be messages from our Recovery Operations team. I recommend checking the sender's email address to confirm before clicking any links. You can then reply directly to the email to create a ticket with our Recovery Operations team.

I absolutely agree with @LloydGreenfield's suggestion to get in touch with Shopify Support if you're ever unsure about an email. If you don't feel comfortable replying directly to the email you received or aren't sure if the sender email address is one of Shopify's, please get in touch via live chat, email, or callback through the Shopify Help Center and our team would be happy to take a closer look into the message with you. We also have documentation on account security that I recommend reviewing.

Since the next step in this case is to either reply directly to the email or contact Shopify Support, I've marked this as the solution for the benefit of others coming across the topic. 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 19 (19)