How do I respond to comments on blog posts

pjmmpls
Explorer
42 0 125

Hi, I searched and found an answer to my question from 2010. I am wondering if things have been updated? I would like to respond directly to comments (similar to how it works on FB or IG)  and not have to add them as a visitor does. Is this possible?

Thank you for your help!

Pam

Replies 158 (158)

BriMarketing
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

@Rae 
Has this issue been fixed? 

MC-Partyapps
Shopify Partner
14 0 3

Hey @BriMarketing 

MC here - I'm the founder of Turboblog, a blog app that is a fully featured alternative to Shopify's built-in blog system.

Are you still looking for a solution for replying to blog comments? Turboblog has a robust threaded commenting system that allows merchants to respond directly to users comments on blog posts. You can take a look at a sample post with some comments here.

If interested I'd love for you to try out the 10 day free trial and see if it would work for you. Feel free to reach out directly to me if you have any questions!

MC
Founder - Partyapps • Email: hello@partyapps.io
Turboblog
Blockparty Notion Page Builder
naesmac
Tourist
8 0 2

I have to believe that the silence from Shopify regarding their blog as a whole could mean they are building something they have yet to announce. Else, Shopify is almost dead last in blogging features which is obviously quite bad for a site aimed at building a brand. It's depressing to think that Shopify could really just be thinking "let's let 3rd party apps fill the gaps in our product" but I see it more and more. I'm using Bloggle which is fantastic but I just keep thinking "why isn't this integrated into Shopify already?"

MC-Partyapps
Shopify Partner
14 0 3

Hi Pam!

MC here, I'm the founder of Turboblog. Are you still looking for a way to respond directly to blog comments? 

Turboblog is a blogging app for Shopify that has a built-in social media style threaded commenting system (similar to what you mentioned FB and IG do) that allows merchants/admins to reply directly to commenting users on blog posts. 

If you are still looking for a solution it would be great for you to try it out and let me know what you think. I'm happy to help get you setup or answer any questions you might have. 

MC
Turboblog
Artbyemilyhare
Excursionist
10 0 12

The whole point is we don't want to use an app to reply to messages on a blog, it should be part of it from the start, it makes NO sense that shopify made a blog template without this ability built in. Obviously they did this deliberately to get plugins to get more money for htem that way I guess. 

www.emilyhare.co.uk
MC-Partyapps
Shopify Partner
14 0 3

Hey Emily,

I hear you! I've been a blogger/shop merchant for several years and the main reason why I built Turboblog was my own frustrations with Shopify's blogging features and why they did not have these features built in. When compared to services like wordpress, ghost, medium, etc. it did not offer the same blogging/editing/commenting experience I was looking for.

I decided to change that and built something that significantly improved my own blogging experience and I want to share it with other merchants. 

For clarity, Turboblog was built as not just a way to respond to blog comments but an entire blog system built from the ground up with built-in features that you would expect a blogging platform to have. 

For several of our users it replaces the need to rely on wordpress/other blogging systems and can all be managed in one place within the Shopify admin.

That said, if apps are not for you I totally respect that!

MC
Turboblog
Carol_AJS
Excursionist
11 0 19

I understand why you did this but I still don't feel that we should have to pay for an app when this should be built into Shopify.  Come on Shopify, there's obviously a need for it based on this thread. Do something about it.

Carol_AJS
Excursionist
11 0 19

I totally agree.  Why should I pay an extra $25 per month when this feature should be built into the Shopify blog.  If you provide a blog, then you should provide some way of responding to comments. Every other blogging app does.

svensson104
Tourist
3 0 2

The funny thing is that on this very page, it's so easy to hit reply to reply to a comment ˆˆ Joke aside, this is truly unbelievable that such a trivial blog feature is not included on Shopify. We need some updates Shopify team, this is a bit ridiculous !