Solved

Shopify deleted my store and kept my money (thousands of $)

doucelove
Excursionist
15 0 19

my shopify store  doucelove.myshopify.com/

Long story short...

I created a Shopify store for my service business to start accepting electronic payment and decided on Shopify because my daughter recommended it based on the buzz around the company.  But my store was live for a few days with a selected plan and domain when it was deleted completely. I could not log in to the Shopify dashboard nor was my domain working. I contacted support multiple times with the same promise of having their risk team contact me shortly. I would wait days with no response and then contact them again just to get the same response. When I finally hard from the risk team they told me that my site was deleted because it presented a risk and they could not provide further explanation. I was told to go to another platform since they can not work with me. Which I am fine with, regardless of the amount of money I paid to have the site designed and ready for my customers and all the time invested. But I continued to ask them about the money that had been paid by my customers that was never deposited into my account nor returned to the customers. Every time I contact the gurus I am told the same thing, someone will contact you with a response but no one ever does and its like they expect me to just forget about the money (thousands of $). I have already performed the services for my customers but yet my money is not deposited to me nor is it given back to the customers. I can not ask my customers to pay me twice for a mistake that is not theirs, so this is my last option to try to get this fixed and get my money from Shopify so that I can go to another platform that has more respect for their customers than Shopify.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated on how to handle this issue.

Accepted Solution (1)
hellosimmy
Tourist
4 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

Folks, I got restored! This actually validates a niche I want to create for business communications; getting things done by being demanding, respectful and polite at the same time. I have a site where I sell formatted forms required for truck drivers (NOT THROUGH SHOPIFY!!). If you want to know how I worded my email, write me in the Contact Us portion of the site and I'll send you EXACTLY what I wrote, and got a response in less than a week. I am STILL iffy about getting started on here after this, but considering others have been waiting 3 months with no result, I think what I said may have worked. The time for my trial period is down too, I have asked that it be restored, I am waiting on what they will say about that, I'll update later. 

View solution in original post

Replies 26 (26)