Solved

Shopify ID verification for shopify payments

aliasif12
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi so i have a UK LTD company on my name but im not a resident of United kingdom i was just wondering how do i prove my identity when shopify payments ask me for identity verification? since being a non resident i dont have the utility bills.

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @aliasif12,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Good question. If you could share what government ID you do have and the appropriate team can look into it and advise you from there/let you know if anything else is needed. 

If you could share as much of the following it would be hugely beneficial to help you in this instance: 

• Proof that your business is registered in that country with the government.
  • Proof you are operating from the country in which you would like to have Shopify Payments.
  • You have a legitimate address in that country (not a forwarding address, you must be able to provide power/phone bills).
  • You have a bank account located in that country (Payoneer or other money transferring services that mimic bank accounts in a location will not suffice).

You can also see the Shopify help guide here which shows the countries Shopify Payments is available in and what's necessary for each country. 

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 66 (66)