Solved

Move content from top to bottom of page - collection on Prestige theme

hp2020
Excursionist
29 0 70

I would like to move the description on my collection pages to below the actual images (near the footer). Is this something I can easily do? 

URL: cocoandlily.com (example specifically on this page: https://cocoandlily.com/collections/graphic-tees)

What it looks like now: Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.44.23 PM.png

This is listed on the very top of the page, appearing before any listings.

Where I would like it to go:

deskot[s.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

microDev
Explorer
44 12 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi hp2020. Walter from microDev here (Shopify Partner).

Yes, this is a simply solution! all you want to do is go to your Theme and in the "Actions"  menu, select "Edit Code". Now go to the folder names "Sections" and find the section called "collections-template". This may have a slightly different name depending on your theme. Now press CTRL+F to use the find bar and search for {{ collection.description }}. You are looking for a code section that looks something like this:

{% if collection.description != blank %}
            <div class="section-header__description rte">
              {{ collection.description }}
            </div>
          {% endif %}

All you need to do is cut this full section and paste it below a section of code that should look like this towards the bottom of your page:

<div class="card-list grid" data-desktop-columns="{{ desktopColumns }}" data-mobile-columns="{{ mobileColumns }}" data-grid-style="{{ section.settings.grid_style }}">
      <div class="card-list__column{% if totalProducts == 1 %} card-list__column--center{% endif %} grid grid__item {{ gridClasses }}">
        {% for product in collection.products %}
          {% include 'product-card', product: product, grid_style: section.settings.grid_style %}
        {% endfor %}
      </div>
    </div>

That's all you need to do! This will apply to all your collection pages.

If you need any further help, don't come right or want some other customizations as well, feel free to send me an email at support@microDev.today and I'll be happy to see how I can help you!

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)