Solved

Headless Checkout with PayPal Express

Nexum
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I am currently trying to replace a custom paypal express implementation with Shopify.

We are selling Download products, so no shipping info and so on required, also only 1 product per sale, no cart.

What I am trying to achieve:

1. User goes to our Website, klicks "Buy Now"

2. User goes directly to Paypal

3. User returns to the Website (now the website has the information if the checkout was successful)

So far i tried to do this with the Storefront API but i cant seem to find a way to "bypass" the shopify checkout page (webUrl), next i tried to to the same thing with a custom app (which isnt allowed to use the checkout apis), next i converted the private custom app to a "public" custom app and converted it into a sales channel (because it seems this is the way to go?) but now i still cant add my products as line items since they are an "Unprocessable Entity" wich i guess means they are not published to the sales channel. sadly i can't event see the sales channel in the backend, wich is (i think) because its not listed yet?

please help me 😕

Cheers,

Nexum

Accepted Solution (1)

vix
Shopify Staff
540 103 121

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nexum 

The Storefront API is designed to complete the entire journey. You should utilize the webUrl with PayPal as your payment gateway. This will bring the customer from Buy Now --> Checkout --> Paypal Express --> Thank you page. 

A sales channel is built with the concept of multiple merchants in mind, not for a single storefront. This is what the Storefront API is for! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)