Dawn Theme - Make image banner clickable

calbowes
Excursionist
12 0 12

Hi - i've started designing a new shopfront on the Dawn theme and so far it seems to be great.

However, i would like to know if it is possible to add the option of adding a url to the Image Banner section so that it links to your chosen url when clicked?

This is one feature on my old homepage (www.walltowallmusic.co.uk) that i would love to be able to replicate.

Thanks

Replies 53 (53)
diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@Personalisedpup 

Yes, you can take a look at it here. Did you try it out? If it doesn't work let me know and i'll help you. 

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

Stacey_Dale
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks Diego_ezfy. The code works but it obstructs our mega menu from working properly.  If you select a menu item that is above the banner image it's fine, but if the menu item is one of the dropdown items and it drops over the banner image, when you click the menu item, it takes you to the banner image link.

EMSC
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi @diego_ezfy

Thank you for providing this code and a link to your article! Quick question: after making this change I now get the following error when I edit headings in image banners: 

missing translation: "t:sections.image-banner.blocks.heading.settings.heading_size.label" is not present in any of the ["en"] schema locale files

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this! Thank you in advance! 

Velrenov_Benoit
Tourist
5 0 0

For the Dawn 12, I found this and it seems to work !

https://websensepro.com/blog/how-to-make-the-image-banner-clickable-shopify/