Solved

Translation Lab not working in checkout

PureTime
Explorer
66 2 23

I am using the Translation Lab app for multi-language, and it's really a fantastic, free app.

However, for some reason it does not work in checkout. Checkout always shows my native language although it's translated in the Translation Lab app.

I've contacted the app developer, but they can't see anything wrong as they just provides the translation.

I've contacted Shopify support. They DO see the checkout translated (from native Danish to English), so they say there is no issues.

However - all my foreign (non-Danish) customers I've talked to tell me they got the checkout in Danish - and all tests run by both the Translation App developer and several of my friends all around the world show the checkout in Danish all the time.

I have no clue as to why Shopify themselves as the only ones in the world see it in English, but I can't get anymore support.

Does any of you wise guys have an idea to solve this? I would hate to have to export and set everything up in Langify (which would be my next step as I know from previous shops that they can handle the checkout).

You can test for yourself here - but I'm pretty sure you will see checkout in Danish as well if you put any item to the cart and go to checkout:

https://puretime.dk/en

Accepted Solution (1)

Taras1
Shopify Partner
27 3 23

This is an accepted solution.

When I go to your checkout and add ?locale=en parameter, the page is really shown with the translation. This means that the content is actually translated

The problem might be that your checkout button is not retaining the language. This could happen in several cases:

your form action takes to ="/cart" instead of ="/en/cart".

I suggest checking your theme and if you have "/cart" anywhere in the .liquid templates, change it to corresponding routes object: "{{ routes.cart_url }}"

If this is not the case, the 2nd step would be to check if there are any js scripts or 3rd party apps that are affecting your checkout button. They could be not compatible with multilanguage and thus take you to Danish checkout instead of English one.

Best Regards,
Taras

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)