Solved

Facebook - commerce account Not aproved Error with Facebook

Irreversivel
Visitor
2 0 7

Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.  

I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.

But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:

"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why? 

What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store? 

Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks! 

Facebook and insta both active on shopifyFacebook and insta both active on shopifyunpublished error in facebookunpublished error in facebookError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce accountError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce account

Accepted Solution (1)
JD44
Tourist
3 1 10

This is an accepted solution.

Update my end - Commerce Account now approved. 

So I didn't have to do much other than contact them and explain that I had thoroughly reviewed the commerce terms and was confident my account didn't breach any and that many other users seem to have the same issue. I also attached screenshots of the various screens showing the account not approved.

Here is the link the support team gave me to use to specifically contact the commerce team: https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/onboarding/support/?ref=cm_onsite_onboarding_channel_selec...

When you click through to the link it'll ask you to select the page you need support with. Under Topic I selected 'Account Setup' and then 'Getting approval for Instagram Shopping'. I think you can select other categories and get the same outcome though so have a look through them.
Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 20.09.18.png

My advice would be to message facebook directly using the above link if you haven't already. Be detailed, and demonstrate confidence that you meeting the commerce account criteria.

View solution in original post

Replies 293 (293)