Facebook followers seeing posts "[Shop name] added an item to their shop"

Matthew_Harper1
Excursionist
32 0 18

My Shopify store (www.eduzone.co.uk) is connected to Facebook via the old Facebook Shop integration (not the new Facebook sales channel). Recently I've noticed thatin Shopify when I add an item, or change an item from being in stock to out of stock, our followers on Facebook see a post saying "Eduzone added an item to their shop" containing the item details. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Replies 61 (61)
alvinalvin
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Graham,

I don't see 'Page Updates' under my Business Page Settings. These are the only options I see

screenshot 1screenshot 1screenshot 2screenshot 2

MidCenturyStyle
Tourist
5 0 5

What else is new... Now Facebook also posts by itself when I tagged 2 products products this morning, after the fact!!! Total 3 posts on my timeline instead of one. Of course, still can't find how to STOP this. Charming. I wish somebody woke up over there and mind their freaking own business and let us mind our own. I'm seriously thinking of removing my shop, it's becoming such a pain. You now have to be careful with every move to make sure they won't turn off your own followers. How stupid is that. But I'd like to keep Instagram shop though, works pretty well. I wonder if you can remove FB shop and just keep IG? I suppose since some people might only open IG shop and not FB, right?

MohamedSherbiny
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, I can't find Page updates option! Do you have any idea how to stop these  posts?

migreen06
Excursionist
36 2 16

Hello,

Did you find out how to stop this from happening? I 

alvinalvin
Visitor
2 0 1

I tried something and it seemed to work because I didn't see the Facebook post of the item being added to my Shop. You can try and see if it works for you too.

1. Go to the product on your Shopify admin page

2. On the right-hand-side column under 'Product Status', click 'Manage'

3. Untick 'Facebook'

But I think this also means that you can't tag this product on your Facebook page. And I guess we all have to decide for ourselves which is more important --> People seeing the item added to shop vs not being able to tag the product on Facebook

MidCenturyStyle
Tourist
5 0 5

That's not a full solution. It means REMOVING the product from your Facebook/Instagram channel. Of course, FB won't show that X new product is being added if it's *not* being added to the channel... In the end, the problem persists. And you're right, we need to decide if this stupid annoyance of FB wanting to be ME-ME-ME-first feature is worse that not having our catalog on it ... which I'm seriously considering now! I love instagram channel though, and I think you can't separate the two. I'd remove my FB catalog in a heartbeat if I could keep the IG one.

Tim90
Tourist
9 1 6

Hi everyone,

I think I might have found a workaround to this issue. In FB Commerce Manager->Settings->Business Assets, and under "Ad and Sales Channel" I have edited and temporarily made the visibility of the FB sales channel "hidden" or in "preview" mode, before I add the new items.

As far as I can tell, it didn't make those annoying posts "[Shop name] added an item to their shop."

After adding the items, I then made the FB Sales Channel visible again. I monitored for some time to see if that will automatically make those annoying posts. And as far as I can tell too, it didn't. So maybe it worked (?).

Also, I think you could permanently make the FB Sales Channel "hidden" or in "preview" mode, but retain the Instagram Sales Channel visible, while waiting for FB to fix this issue. But the downside is you can't have the Shop in FB, nor tag your products in your FB posts.

Hope this helps.

Prince2
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm having the same problem, I think these Random post are to spam our followers force them to unfollow, and make us pay for Facebook Ads to gain reach!... I've lost 80% of my followers and my organic reach in the past 6months because of this, Facebook probably has no benefit of giving us free organic traffic...   

Daniel_NZ
Tourist
3 0 0

On the plus side, I sold an item 30mins after listing it. They saw the autopost on Facebook.

Another plus, I am still growing on FB. I think there is so much spam, that a little bit more from "me" is not an issue.

SC60
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm aware that this post is almost 2 years old, but I'm still facing the same problem with no solutions so far! I've had to remove FB from my sales channel. I've reached out to facebook support group and I've been told to give their engineering team that feedback as there's nothing they can do at this time, so I hope you also give them your feedback so something can be done! https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/268228883256323?ref=cr

ralbul
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue, following to see if there is a solution.

fishhead
Visitor
1 0 0

It is incredibly sad to see this issue unresolved 2 years later. A deal breaker for most. I don't understand why Meta refuses to do anything. I've been in contact with support and I got a similar answer to others before. "It's meant to be like that'. So if you're here looking for answers (there's some workaround). Go contact meta or your e-commerce platform (I can see there are a few non-Shopify users here. Me included). That's all we can do.