Solved

Is this a legitimate email from Shopify?

HotHeadstalls
Visitor
2 0 0

I’ve at some times received scammy emails  fake emails trying to be Shopify’. But I’m not sure is this one is legitimate. Any help or recommendations? I can’t have my store shut down. It’s the sole income for my husband and I.

email is from 

risk-management@shopify.com

01A563F9-58B7-45DB-974E-6F2906113EFA.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone! Thank you again for all your feedback on this topic. Please continue to add it to this thread and I will make sure to add a like to your feedback to let you know that it has been received. I fully support the idea of adding these communications into the admin as well and I hope we can make that happen. 

To help with any confusion surrounding tickets of this type, the ticket ID for many of them will be formatted like this:

XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX (8/4/4/4/12)

It will be a mix of letters and numbers and is different from the tickets numbers you would receive from our standard support. Our standard ticket numbers are only numerical and are around 8-10 numbers long. Tickets that match the format above are handled by a separate team and our live support doesn't have direct access to the content of these tickets. With the ticket number they should be able to confirm though if this ticket is legitimate. 

I am going to mark this response as the "Solution" so that other merchants in a similar situation can find this information easier. Please continue to add your feedback to this thread and I will make sure it is passed along on your behalf. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 52 (52)