Desktop/Mobile Photo Switching

TamaginiLeather
Excursionist
15 0 29

So with the Front Page Slide show there is now the option to have a Default Landscape Desktop photo, and switch it out for a vertical Mobile photo.  This is amazing.  But why did you stop there???  We need this on the product page back end for product images!  Not all of us design for mobile only and an image switcher would be an amazing asset to have for our product pages!

Jeff

www.tamaginileather.com

Replies 13 (13)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@TamaginiLeather 

can you please share issue iamges?

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

websitemad
Tourist
9 0 4

Not seeing this anywhere...

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@websitemad 

can you pleases share issue images and store url 

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
websitemad
Tourist
9 0 4

I’m not sure how sharing a store URL and screenshot will give you any more information about the fact that there is no desktop/mobile image switching available in the Dawn theme.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@websitemad 

yes its allow image banner section desktop and mobile different image upload option 

websitemad
Tourist
9 0 4

Can you provide a store URL of this in action, and a screenshot of the admin area with this option available?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@websitemad 

try this code

https://www.mojoin.com/show-shopify-banner-image/ 

websitemad
Tourist
9 0 4

I have, it doesn’t work. The images do not display at all.

Have you tried using this code in the Shopify 2.0 Dawn theme and actually got it to work?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@websitemad 

please add code and let me know 

websitemad
Tourist
9 0 4

As I said, I did already, and it doesn’t work…see above… ^

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@websitemad 

plz share store url

websitemad
Tourist
9 0 4

I’m sorry, I’m going to have to terminate this conversation. I’m obviously going round in circles and you’re not reading my replies.

TamaginiLeather
Excursionist
15 0 29

Sorry guys

I haven't been paying attention to this because well trying to run my shop.  Here is a screenshot of my theme.  I do not use the default Dawn theme so it might be function of my actual theme but it honestly should be included "out of the box"  I use the Impulse theme and their "Hero Slideshow" feature now has image switching which was not present in v1 shop version of the theme.  And like I said that's great so my homepage hero image slideshow is optimized for landscape desktop and portrait mobile, but that's where it stopped.  To me it seems like the tech is there to be able to have image switching site wide but I am by no means a web developer. 

I'll be honest I bit the bullet and went through and switched all my product images to portrait so they display better on mobile since the majority of my marketing is done on Instagram.  Attached is a screenshot of my theme edit mode so you can see on the right where the slideshow can switch an image depending on if its desktop or mobile.

Just seems like another common sense feature that was not thought of or flushed out.

Jeff

sitescreenshot.jpg