Solved

PageSpeed "NOT_HTML" error on Shopify store

mfcss
Explorer
65 6 28

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Google PageSpeed to optimize my speed on various pages. However, recently I'm getting an error when trying to do so as below:

"Lighthouse returned an error: NOT_HTML. The specified page is not HTML (displayed as MIME type text / plain)."

This seems to be related to a general issue on Shopify and I'm concerned whether this may indicate a more general overarching issue. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

mfcss_0-1637056549569.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Cam_Clark
Shopify Partner
2 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hi all,

I received the following reply from Shopify support:

Thanks for reaching out with this concern with your Google Page Speed. I understand how important Google rankings can be for our merchants, so rest assured we'll get to the bottom of this.

Doing some digging on my end here I've located the source of this error: we've been working with Cloudflare and Google to enable a new feature on storefronts that will allow for faster page loading. It's called 103 Early Hint, and is very new, so Google is still working on adding support to Lighthouse.

You can keep an eye on this Google Lighthouse GitHub issue page for more info on when they're expecting this new feature to be supported. As of now they're saying it's a priority, but they have no ETA.

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)