Can seller disable shipping notification email in Shopify Settings if "Notify_Customer" is set TRUE?

Can seller disable shipping notification email in Shopify Settings if "Notify_Customer" is set TRUE?

Daniel0529
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi,
I'm a developer at Doba.com.

Many of our clients are Shopify sellers who use Shopify to distribute Doba products, so we have integrated our API with Shopify.

I have a question regarding the shipping notification email. One of our clients requires to automatically send the shipping notification to the buyer when a Shopify order is fulfilled through API. We have found a way to do this by setting the "Notify_Customer" parameter to TRUE in the Fulfillment API.

However this is not a customized setting from our side, if i change the parameter to be TRUE, it will apply to all clients. And I believe there're some clients who don't want to enable this email. So my question is:

If we set "Notify_Customer" to TRUE in the fulfillment API, is there a way for clients who do not want to enable this email to turn it off in their Shopify Settings?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Jasmine Lio

Replies 0 (0)