Covers all questions related to inventory management, order fulfillment, and shipping.
I'd like to set up a flow to request fulfilment on an item ordered through a fulfiment centre we set up on Shopify, is this possible?
It should be possible to set up a fulfillment flow for an item ordered through a fulfillment center you've set up on Shopify, as you've described. Here's a high-level overview of how it might work:
1. A customer places an order through your store. This order is then assigned to the appropriate fulfillment service (your fulfillment center).
2. Your fulfillment service app receives a fulfillment request. The app then queries the assigned fulfillment orders to determine the actions it can take on behalf of the merchant.
3. If the fulfillment request is approved, the app can create a fulfillment for the order.
4. The fulfillment center prepares the order for shipment.
5. Once the order is shipped, the fulfillment service app updates the fulfillment status in Shopify and can provide tracking information to the customer.
Hope this helps!
Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog
Thank you Liam, at the moment we have to go into the order and hit request fulfilment manually, do you know if this action can be automated?