Order receipt for online Art Gallery

Order receipt for online Art Gallery

Eilert
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

I have a online Art Gallery, currently on Woocommerce but i'm going to transition the site to Shopify soon.

There is a limited supply of every product in the store, range is from 10-250 pieces and then it's out of stock forever.

When a customer places an order for one or more products I need to add a metafield or something to the order line item for each product in an order so it's well documented that customer bought items nr 34/250, 14/250... and so on.

Is this possible to obtain by using flow or similar apps, or can it be coded in using liquid?

Would also be great if this was included in the order confirmation email the customer receives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies 4 (4)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 271 413

Hey @Eilert 

One approach would be to have multiple variants of each product, each with a unique number. This wouldn't require any custom coding and would display easily in email confirmations but it's a lot of admin work for you. Also note the variant limit is currently 100, but increasing soon.

Another approach would be to set the available quantity (e.g. 250) on the product and also store this in a metafield. As each item is purchased, the available quantity of the product automatically reduces, and you could compare it to the original available quantity (metafield) to determine which numbers were purchased. For example if the original available quantity was 200, and 199 are remaining, you know the customer purchased number 2. This would require some coding from your side.

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

Eilert
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

Your second approach is somewhat closer to what I need, and definitely  a starting point for what i'm actually looking for.

To some legal extend and for the customers proof of purchase of specific limited pieces I need a slightly more durable solution that clearly states that any given customer bought piece # X/15 for example. This is especially important for the very limited editions that are signed and numbered by the artist, and are considered collectables.

I might have to turn to programming to get the results i'm looking for here, as it seems there is nothing native in Shopify that accommodates for this functionality.

PetraGut
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Eilert

Did you find a solution for this problem? We are also struggling to implement this...Many thanks, Petra

PetraGut
Visitor
2 0 0

Is there any other solution in the meantime? or is there a Shopify Theme we could use? Many thanks for your feedback.