Join us for an upcoming Shopify Partner webinar on February 27, 2024. Discover the latest Checkout Extensibility features, and deep dive on improvements to Shopify Functions and Web Pixels. Register now for either the 10am EST or 2pm EST sessions.
Solved

Retrieves a list of available shipping rates for the specified checkout

poojafmile
Shopify Partner
22 1 0

Hello, 
Am trying to retrieve available shipping rates for a specified checkout using the link : https://shopify.dev/api/admin/rest/reference/sales-channels/checkout#shipping_rates-2021-07
Am doing some test using postman :

GET     https://{shop}/admin/api/unstable/checkouts/{token}/shipping_rates.json

I have added to the headers:

Content-Type: application/json

X-Shopify-Access-Token: {password}

But am getting the error: 

"errors": "[API] This action requires merchant approval for read_checkouts scope."

My app is a private app and I have enabled every permission to Read and Write in the "Admin API permissions"

Can someone please help me here ?

Accepted Solution (1)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @poojafmile, the resource you shared is documenting APIs from the Sales Channel SDK and limited to public apps at this time - more info on build a sales channel here. That said based the results you are looking to achieve and because you are working with a private app, I would suggest talking a look into the CarrierService API that allows for a similar functionality. - Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @poojafmile, the resource you shared is documenting APIs from the Sales Channel SDK and limited to public apps at this time - more info on build a sales channel here. That said based the results you are looking to achieve and because you are working with a private app, I would suggest talking a look into the CarrierService API that allows for a similar functionality. - Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog