Would my app comply for Shopify if my app uses Shopify APIs on our servers ?

Would my app comply for Shopify if my app uses Shopify APIs on our servers ?

techAppDev
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Currently our app uses Shopify APIs on our servers.

As compared to similar APPs , we concluded that our category would be "Fulfilling orders - Other"

However we noticed that similar apps are not using Polaris design system(neither colors nor components ) and also redirecting to external URLs.  Therefore, I do not understand if my app would be good if it uses Shopify APIs on my servers rather than in the UI , since one of your restructions is "apps that dont use/little use Shopify APIs".

Furthermore, I checked your documentation for other kind of apps and found that "app can not take merchants out of Shopify" for embedded apps, which I do not know if applies for all apps or just for so called embedded apps.  If my app is not in this category would it be all right to redirect to my support channels ?

Reply 1 (1)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 271 413

Hey @techAppDev 

This should be fine. The use of Polaris isn't mandatory - and the "little or no use" prohibition is to prevent apps which don't improve the merchant experience. "app can not take merchants out of Shopify" I believe this is referring to embedded apps.

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify