1. Customer goes to checkout and gets redirected to our payment app payment page
2. Customer pays and payment app makes request to Shopify API that payment was success
3. Shopify API responds that OK and sends us a URL to send the customer to
4. Customer is being sent to Completed URL but it just keeps forever loading "Your order's being processed."
5. It does not appear in the admin panel in the orders section but instead in Abandoned checkout section
6. Abandoned checkout has in the timeline that payment was successfully processed!
Why is it happening sometimes? For use like 0.5% of transactions in last few days.
Hi @martabel 👋
From the steps you've outlined, this likely caused by certain checkout page configurations on these affected merchant stores. This would require checkout page adjustments at the store-level, and the best course of action would be to have the merchant reach out to Shopify directly here for assistance with this issue.
Could it still be a case when lets say there are 10 orders and only 1 is such problematic? What I noticed so far is that all those shops that are problematic have a thing in common: They all support login for customer.
We would likely need to investigate the specific orders and pull up logs to determine what caused the issue. We can only do this with the merchant's permissions, so I'd recommend working with the merchant to contact merchant support or request collaborator access and contact Partner Support with appropriate permissions.