Bulk Inventory Updates for a location via API

Bulk Inventory Updates for a location via API

Luke_f
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Hi all,

I'm trying to workout how to bulk update inventory via API for a single location.

I've tried the rest API and can update one item at one location, but it won't allow multiple inventory_item_ID updates at a location.

I also found the below mutation here: https://www.shopify.com/ca/partners/blog/multi-location_and_graphql 

mutation {
  inventoryBulkAdjustQuantityAtLocation(
    locationId: "gid://shopify/Location/1",
    inventoryItemAdjustments: [
      {inventoryItemId: "gid://shopify/InventoryItem/1", availableDelta: 1},
      {inventoryItemId: "gid://shopify/InventoryItem/2", availableDelta: 10}
      ]) {

inventoryLevels {
      available
    }
  }
}

have edited it to my location IDs and inventory, but am getting the below response without updates.

mutation {
  inventoryBulkAdjustQuantityAtLocation(
    locationId: "gid://shopify/Location/67933143202",
    inventoryItemAdjustments: [
      {inventoryItemId: "gid://shopify/InventoryItem/7085453803682", availableDelta: 99},
      {inventoryItemId: "gid://shopify/InventoryItem/7085453508770", availableDelta: 99}
      {inventoryItemId: "gid://shopify/InventoryItem/7085453476002", availableDelta: 99}
      {inventoryItemId: "gid://shopify/InventoryItem/7085453410466", availableDelta: 99}
      ]) {
    inventoryLevels {
      available
    }
  }
}

{
  "data": {
    "inventoryBulkAdjustQuantityAtLocation": {
      "inventoryLevels": null
    }
  },
  "extensions": {
    "cost": {
      "requestedQueryCost": 10,
      "actualQueryCost": 10,
      "throttleStatus": {
        "maximumAvailable": 2000,
        "currentlyAvailable": 1990,
        "restoreRate": 100
      }
    }
  }
}

Any ideas on what I'm missing here?

Reply 1 (1)

ShopifyDevSup
Shopify Staff
1453 238 500

Hi Luke_f,

When testing that format of updating multiple items at once in a test store it worked ok. That "inventoryLevels": null value was replicable by doing a couple different things intentionally as a test which leads to these suggestions:

• confirm the location id number to be the value that shows in the web admin in the Settings > Locations area in the URL bar when viewing the specific location, as using a random number for the location id produced that null value
  • make sure that each of those inventory items is already stocked/activated at the specified location, because if even one of the items in the list wasn't then the null value was produced. In GraphQL that can be done with the [inventoryActivate] mutation

Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was this reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog