Create custom apps programmatically

Create custom apps programmatically

ClementBR
Shopify Partner
160 2 47

Hi,

One limitation that we're facing with custom apps is that a separate app must be created for each merchant, even though we use the same settings each time. It's quite error prone and inefficient to manage all the app settings in the Shopify Partner UI.

Is there a way to programmatically create custom apps to make this more efficient and error free?

Alternatively, are there plans to allow a single custom app to be install by several stores?

Note that the only reason we use custom apps is because only these apps can access the gift cards and users API.

Replies 3 (3)

Jnick020804
Visitor
2 0 0

I am also looking for a solution to create apps programmatically, Did you ever find a solution for that?

ClementBR
Shopify Partner
160 2 47

I'm afraid I never got an answer and I don't think there is a solution.

adelespinasse
Shopify Partner
9 0 3

The Shopify CLI creates apps from the command line (after redirecting through the browser to get credentials). It doesn't seem to provide a way to create the app in your partner account without creating a huge directory full of code to "get you started" on a new app. But it's open source, so it might not be too hard to figure out the API it uses. I was considering trying to do this, but decided it was probably not worth it in my case.