Solved

How to check if a store has enabled Carrier Calculated Shipping

YOD_Solutions
Shopify Partner
210 23 31

Hey all,

Is there a way to check whether a store has "Carrier Calculated Shipping" feature enabled or not, using API request? (other than from the error message you get when trying to create a carrier service using the API)

Founder @ JsRates: Custom Shipping Rates
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more about JsRates visit the JsRates home page or JsRates documentation
- Find JsRates on Shopify app store
Accepted Solution (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 302 777

This is an accepted solution.

Hi YOD_Solutions,

Unfortunately, Shopify does not provide an API endpoint to check if a store has the "Carrier Calculated Shipping" feature enabled. The only way to verify this is by attempting to create a carrier service using the CarrierService API and checking for an error message. Another alternative would be to check in the store's shipping settings manually.

Hope this helps,

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 302 777

This is an accepted solution.

Hi YOD_Solutions,

Unfortunately, Shopify does not provide an API endpoint to check if a store has the "Carrier Calculated Shipping" feature enabled. The only way to verify this is by attempting to create a carrier service using the CarrierService API and checking for an error message. Another alternative would be to check in the store's shipping settings manually.

Hope this helps,

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog