Add arbitrary variants to product

Add arbitrary variants to product

workFlo
Tourist
11 1 0

Hello! I have a product which is a set which can contain 3 arbitrary product variations. My store is a custom react app where the user can select 3 variations from a list (there are more than 300 variations). I would like to update the inventory once the order has been completed. However, I cannot find a good solution in the Storefront nor the Admin API how to dynamically add existing product variations to my set so that the inventory will be updated accordingly.

Anyone has a good solution for that?

Thank you.

Replies 4 (4)

workFlo
Tourist
11 1 0

Or maybe someone knows a bundle app which allows to bundle products via the storefront api?

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
909 23 184

You can try my app, BYOB. It can support selecting any 3 items from a collection and get a discounted price. I am not sure what you mean by the Storefront API specifically. But we can support using variants or discount codes to set the bundle price. Cart ajax API is used and cart permalink are used. Admin API is also used for sure

Both ways can support updating the inventory. If you are using a development store, you can install the app for free and test as long as you want. Our app is definitely developer-friendly.

Also, you can try the sample bundles in the demo store. They can give you an idea of how the app works. Our bundles exist as products with a custom template and the customers can select the items on the same page

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
workFlo
Tourist
11 1 0

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for a possibility to add product variants to an existing product. So basically the user can select from my variants from a select field 3 variants and I want to bundle them when he proceeds to checkout. The storefront API does not offer this endpoint:

https://shopify.dev/api/storefront

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
909 23 184

I am afraid I can't help. I didn't use storefront API in my app.

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview