Join us for an upcoming Shopify Partner webinar on February 27, 2024. Discover the latest Checkout Extensibility features, and deep dive on improvements to Shopify Functions and Web Pixels. Register now for either the 10am EST or 2pm EST sessions.

Redirect costumers after payment (order status page / thank you page) to an External URL

bomfimcaiopt
4 0 0

Hello,

I want to redirect my costumer to a upsell page in an external URL, just after he/she finished the purchase of the 1st product.

If it´s possible, I would like to redirect he/she to different URL, pending on the product bought.

I tried to add the following code in Settings > Checkout > Order processing, as suggested by @MarinaPetrovic, but my costumer still can see the "thank you page" before it redirects he/she.

It does not allow me also to redirect the costumer pending on the purchased product.

<script>setTimeout(function() {
   window.location.href = "https://example.com";
}, 2000);</script>

Could you guys can help on that?
Many thanks!

Replies 2 (2)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1812 266 390

Hey @bomfimcaiopt 

Upsells are best done through post-purchase checkout extensions. I don't think there's any other way to intercept.

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

bomfimcaiopt
4 0 0

Hi @SBD_,

my idea is to redirect the customer to an external landing page to offer the upsell, then, sen him back to Shopify´s checkout for purchasing.

I would like to "skip" the order confirmation page at the 1st moment (before upsell).