Redirect costumers after payment (order status page / thank you page) to an External URL

Redirect costumers after payment (order status page / thank you page) to an External URL

bomfimcaiopt
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

I want to redirect my costumer to a upsell page in an external URL, just after he/she finished the purchase of the 1st product.

If it´s possible, I would like to redirect he/she to different URL, pending on the product bought.

I tried to add the following code in Settings > Checkout > Order processing, as suggested by @MarinaPetrovic, but my costumer still can see the "thank you page" before it redirects he/she.

It does not allow me also to redirect the costumer pending on the purchased product.

<script>setTimeout(function() {
   window.location.href = "https://example.com";
}, 2000);</script>

Could you guys can help on that?
Many thanks!

Replies 2 (2)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 271 415

Hey @bomfimcaiopt 

Upsells are best done through post-purchase checkout extensions. I don't think there's any other way to intercept.

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

bomfimcaiopt
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @SBD_,

my idea is to redirect the customer to an external landing page to offer the upsell, then, sen him back to Shopify´s checkout for purchasing.

I would like to "skip" the order confirmation page at the 1st moment (before upsell).