Solved

Storefront API checkout processing

Sound_Vault
Tourist
7 1 4

Hello all,

I am using GraphQL Storefront and Admin APIs to create a custom storefront for my Shopify store. I am based in a country that is not supported by Shopify Payments, so I can't use Shopify Payments, Stripe and therefore the checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV2 mutation. The other options I have are to send the card data to the Shopify Card Vault directly (coming with a higher PCI compliance scope), or use a intermediary service like Spreedly.

Here things go dark - I have absolutely no idea how Spreedly does the job. All I know is that you call its endpoint with the card data and receive a Vault Id in return. Does this mean the payment has been processed by Spreedly and the cash is on your side now? Or does it just tokenize the card data and return the Vault Id for Shopify to process? Can I use providers, supported by Spreedly for my country, but not supported by Shopify at all, to process the payments?

One more thing, in the documentation Spreedly is mentioned as an example, but not the only service that serve as an intermediary. I don't seem to find a list of similar services within the docs, so if someone can suggest a (cheaper than $200/mo) alternative, that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solution (1)

Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Sound_Vault,

Spreedly simply tokenizes the card details and sends them to Shopify to process the payment on the merchant's direct payment gateway.

Only gateways support by Shopify would be able to process the payment.

The only options currently are Stripe, Spreedly, or directly with the proper PCI compliance scope.

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Sound_Vault,

Spreedly simply tokenizes the card details and sends them to Shopify to process the payment on the merchant's direct payment gateway.

Only gateways support by Shopify would be able to process the payment.

The only options currently are Stripe, Spreedly, or directly with the proper PCI compliance scope.

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

arturoTryp
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, im just dealing with the exactly same issue, do you found a way to make a payment using Storefront API?

eddie945
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Other payment method is not accepted? Including ewallet?

ShopifyDevSup
Shopify Staff
1315 215 454

Hey @eddie945 - I'm not sure if you are asking if eWallet can be integrated with Shopify via the API, but there is some information here in our developer documentation that goes over how to create a payment app. 

That said, payment apps do have to be approved by Shopify and have certain requirements, so while it is possible to integrate an external payment gateway with Shopify, it does depend on if they already have been approved as a payment app so that you can select it as a payment gateway, or if you are creating the integration yourself - if your app has been approved by us for use by merchants. 

Let us know if we can clarify anything - hope this helps. 

Al | Shopify Developer Support

Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was this reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

eddie945
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Use case is, integrating ewallet at checkout via storefront API. From documentation, if i don't want to use Shopify web checkout, i need to parse card data to Shopify server. But that's card, how about other payment method, like ewallet and so on. Does using storefront API also need payment app to be on Shopify app store? If it already there, can it being used with storefronts API custom checkout?

https://shopify.dev/custom-storefronts/checkout#how-it-works

arturoTryp
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, im just dealing with the exactly same issue, do you found a way to make a payment using Storefront API?