A bug that has been introduced recently in the Shopify multi-language

SherpasDesign
Shopify Expert
55 0 23

Hi All,

We have discovered a bug in the Shopify multi-language which has been introduced recently.

It has to do with the product links on the collections/all page. When you view the collections/all page in a secondary language
and click on a product, Shopify does a 301 redirect to the default language product page. I have recorded a demo of the problem on a vanilla development store:

https://www.loom.com/share/27fbb81436424c40a32819f1c59c1721

I hope this can be flagged as a problem over at Shopify so that it can be fixed.

Milen

Replies 3 (3)

Don
Shopify Staff
2761 199 388

Hi there @SherpasDesign!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to share your report on this here with us and for including a clear video as you did.

It looks like you shared a similar report via our Facebook page, so a member of our team should be reaching out to you via Messenger at the moment so we can investigate this further with you.

Can you confirm if you've heard back from us already there with regard to a further investigation?

If not we can absolutely do so from here, it may just be quicker for us to handle this there rather than via forum posts.

Let me know in any case so we can be sure this is checked out for you!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SherpasDesign
Shopify Expert
55 0 23

Hi Don,

Yes I have been talking to Ava and she has already confirmed that the technical team are tracking the bug in github.

Thank you for following up!

Milen

Don
Shopify Staff
2761 199 388

Hi again @SherpasDesign!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for confirming you had gotten contact back from us already to ensure this is being looked into.

Thanks also for taking the time to let us know about this in the first place!

We do have a whitehat program in place so if you ever encounter a bug that may represent a potential security issue, you can let us know and may even be rewarded a bounty for such a report.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog