Adding IOSS number to UPS and USPS Shipping Labels?

Laurie_Nickerso
Excursionist
27 0 9

Hello!

I ship internationally to the EU and have an IOSS number. I added it to my account under the taxes section, but how do I get my IOSS number on the shipping labels purchased through Shopify? I don't want want my customers to be charged for taxes twice, but there doesn't seem to be a field for the IOSS number on the customs forms, and I am not seeing any "account management" settings specifically for shipping carriers. I don't just want to write it on the box because that seems like a security issue. Any ideas?

Replies 9 (9)

ThomasKyoto
Shopify Partner
72 3 23

UPS (DHL & FedEx as well), will not show the IOSS number on a shipping label.

Since August 2021, European commission added new regulation, and asked  carriers to not show the IOSS number even on the customs invoice.
IOSS number should be used only "electronically" by carriers for customs clearance.

Laurie_Nickerso
Excursionist
27 0 9

Yes, I understand  they will physically not show on the label, but how do I add that number to my account with the various shipping carriers? For example, I use UPS and USPS labels purchased through Shopify. There is nowhere that I see on Shopify to add my IOSS number to a UPS or USPS account. So there's not way of telling UPS or USPS that taxes have already been collected and are under our IOSS number. 

For FedEx, I do not purchase labels through Shopify, so I just told my FedEx account manager to add the IOSS number to my account. But there's not an "account person" for USPS and UPS for labels purchased through Shopify. 

ThomasKyoto
Shopify Partner
72 3 23
I guess that Shopify will need to add a field in their shipping settings.

If you are interested to ship with your fedex account, our App, Ship&co,
does support IOSS number.

https://apps.shopify.com/shipandco

Let me know if you have any questions about international shipping! We
created Ship&co for our Shopify stores so we understand international
sellers quite well!
--
Thomas Ship&co | Bento&co
Laurie_Nickerso
Excursionist
27 0 9

Thanks! I'll check it out!

Dbaca
Pathfinder
166 0 42

Crossborderit charges €1 per shipment and $24 per month for access to our platform. ( + payment processing fees – depending on payment method)

To get you started with Crossborderit IOSS services, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Add the Crossborderit app on Shopify APP store: IOSS and Landed Cost Service | Shopify App Store

Step 2: Register/ complete the registration for IOSS service on our site; https://cbit.crossborderit.com/merchant-onboarding

Step 3: When completed both applications/ registrations, you will receive an invoice from Crossborderit with 3 months pre-payment for the IM number (IOSS number) application to the Swedish Tax Agency.

Step 4: When 3 months subscription payment has been paid, Crossborderit will apply for the IM number at the Swedish Tax Agency, where you are registered.( please allow 3-5 business days)

I’ve attached here a file that can help you sign up easily.

We will manage the rest from compliance and  reporting.

You will soon receive more information about our payment solutions and onboarding form for payment options.

wllbees
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue! We purchase our labels through Shopify and I'm not sure how to add the VAT# or connect the IOSS number when printing shipping labels through Shopify. Please let us know if you find a solution!

ThomasKyoto
Shopify Partner
72 3 23

Sadly, there's no solution at the moment.

If you have a European VAT number, EORI or IOSS number and use Shopify Shipping, you'll need to wait for an update on Shopify side.

Before that, most serious shipping app supports it.

BEEYOND-ship
11 0 0

Hi,

Try BEEYOND, you don't need to have IOSS for international shipment. It's easy to use and provides lower shipping rates. Check out te website to know more- https://beeyond-ship.com/page2

Dbaca
Pathfinder
166 0 42

Crossborderit charges €1 per shipment and $24 per month for access to our platform. ( + payment processing fees – depending on payment method)

To get you started with Crossborderit IOSS services, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Add the Crossborderit app on Shopify APP store: IOSS and Landed Cost Service | Shopify App Store

Step 2: Register/ complete the registration for IOSS service on our site; https://cbit.crossborderit.com/merchant-onboarding

Step 3: When completed both applications/ registrations, you will receive an invoice from Crossborderit with 3 months pre-payment for the IM number (IOSS number) application to the Swedish Tax Agency.

Step 4: When 3 months subscription payment has been paid, Crossborderit will apply for the IM number at the Swedish Tax Agency, where you are registered.( please allow 3-5 business days)

I’ve attached here a file that can help you sign up easily.

We will manage the rest from compliance and  reporting.

You will soon receive more information about our payment solutions and onboarding form for payment options.