Are there any tools that can support switching currencies and detect customers' location?

nevillelewis
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi there!
I'm a Shopify dropshipper currently sell within Canada, but I'm wanting to expand to the EU.
I'm wondering are there any tools that can support switching currencies and auto detecting the location of my customers to assist them in lingual issues?
Can anyone give me some guidance? Thank you!

Replies 2 (2)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @nevillelewis 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a great question. There are a number of apps that have this functionality:

We also have this great blog that goes through expanding your business into more countries which you may find useful. What is it that you sell? I would love to provide you with some more industry-specific reading resources. 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Transcy
Shopify Partner
285 19 82

Hi @nevillelewis ! 

You can try our app - Transcy since you want to expand your business internationally. We're third-party app providing Shopify dropshippers with store translation and currency converter solution.

Firstly, Transcy can support you in converting up to 167 currency units for your store. It detects and converts into local currencies of your visitors to create better shopping experience. 

Secondly, Transcy can translate your store content into several languages at the same time. You can set up the app to translate up to 100 different languages. Transcy can not only translate text content but can also translate media content. Thus, you can upload specific images for each translated version to enhance the appearance of your store. 

Lastly, Transcy can even auto-detect store visitors' location to display local language and currency. Then, you can manage all the translated content in one place and manually edit them in the ways you like. This is a unique function made by Transcy team to bring you more convenience using our app. 

For more information, you can check our article: Selling cross-border with Transcy – Powerful translation and currency converter 

Kindly notice that Transcy is available in Shopify App Store with FREE pricing plan, so you can use our app to set up your multi-lingual store without being charged. 

Visit Transcy in Shopify App Store HERE 

And please feel free to send us direct messages if you have any questions via email and live chat here: 

- Email: support@fireapps.io 

- Live chat: Chat with Transcy team  

Best regards, 

Transcy Team 

Transcy - The #1 Translation and Currency Converter
- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Get in touch with us: App Store | Blog