Cart is showing all the time on the translated version of my store

Solved

Cart is showing all the time on the translated version of my store

reyrr
Excursionist
38 0 10

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out to you about an issue I am having with the Translate & Adapt app from Shopify. The app is awesome but my issue is that the cart is showing all the time on the translated version of my store, even when there are no items in it. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I have attached some pictures for reference.

Thank you so much for your time and attention to this matter, I really appreciate it! 

Best,
Benjamin

Screenshot 2022-10-22 at 16.58.28.pngScreenshot 2022-10-22 at 17.15.08.png

Accepted Solution (1)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 95 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Benjamin, Rich here from the Translate & Adapt product team. Thanks for trying out the app and the kind words. This is happening because you have  the UpCart App, which uses Store Metafields to manage some data. The problem is we are translating those Metafields when you hit Auto-Translate. To fix this problem you should should go into the app, go to Store Metadata from the app's homepage, and remove the translation for: upcartSettings.cartPosition. You will also have to remember to remove this translation every time you hit “Auto Translate” on their store.

All the best,

Rich

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 95 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Benjamin, Rich here from the Translate & Adapt product team. Thanks for trying out the app and the kind words. This is happening because you have  the UpCart App, which uses Store Metafields to manage some data. The problem is we are translating those Metafields when you hit Auto-Translate. To fix this problem you should should go into the app, go to Store Metadata from the app's homepage, and remove the translation for: upcartSettings.cartPosition. You will also have to remember to remove this translation every time you hit “Auto Translate” on their store.

All the best,

Rich

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.